All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 am 

So Gums....you use a guy who doesn't fly our game anymore, who works for the OTHER SIM developing their FMs as a source:) That is a knee slapper:)

Anyhow..S3 board has been hi-jacked. Take this to the forum where there is a flight model issues/bugs etc place to log everything that is porked.

One more frame in getting our ass kicked in Hurri's....and then a welcome break.

Axis...care to share how you guys don't lose your AI during flight? Seems we have issues on the allied side with uncommanded descents for the AI....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:47 pm 

Been flying Stukas...

haven't been able to get them to do much, but have had them kill a ship or two (those don't count in the buffer)

attacking ground objects I've been able to get them to attack, but they all attack the same target with all their bombs. then they fly around and just seem to land somewhere nearby.

If I don't give them commands they stay in formation and drop when I do then follow me home, its usually the commands that screw them up. (but of course I'm not 100% they always follow)

sorry, not much help.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm 

=dobs= wrote:

Axis...care to share how you guys don't lose your AI during flight? Seems we have issues on the allied side with uncommanded descents for the AI....

Dobs, It appears that the AI like to follow a dying pilot to the ground, which sucks because you can't exit the plane or your done and its hard to transfer fast enough. If I end up crashing (land or air), they follow me down and land (well, 75% of the time anyway).

If you have 2 AI left, it's not too hard to get up. When you switch to a landed AI, go to the command screen and grab and "drag" a different AI off to someplace (equal to or lower then they are parked at). When it starts to move, jump to that AI and then give the form up command and the rest will magically join you.

That works sometimes with planes that run into mountains. just drag them to someplace lower then there current stuck place. Once they start to move tell them to form up. This works about 50%.

If you explode, the transfer works fine and you are usually good. If you get PK'd, your done.

Also remember, no matter what the throttle is set at, when you transfer the new plane will be at 0%. You MUST cycle throttle.

This stuff works for me at least and its not 100%. This has worked for me 5 times but not as well for Houndog.

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 pm 

How about we redirect this thread more along the lines of the original intent?

Comments on the FM's

The MC200 dives too well and is too fast on the deck. ( Yes, I built it and its wrong.) Its also too stable.

I haven't heard any specifics regarding the Hurri 1.

For the next series, I don't have a complete list but I am assuming P51 and Corsair versus Ki-84, N1K1 and J2M3 with B-29's. The B-29's are going to need to be forced to carry a large minimum fuel and be given an airstart to simulate the real missions. Otherwise its going to be kinda silly.

I did some work on the J2M yesterday and significantly improved its performance over the previous model.

Here is what the USN had on the Raiden.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/ ... 1-105A.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

All new FMs are here to stay in the S3s, there will be no roll-back. All arena files in the S3 arena can be changed as it has been for 17 years. Often this depends on what goes on with the MA. The MA is not the S3s and vice versa.

This thread was started because Gums had an intelligent post in the Allied forum about stick input etc.

I think part of the problem with the FM process is that people just show up and fly. Hopefully a topic about FM questions will have the answers for them before they fly.

I think Coolon has the answer for the AI. Just keep them in formation, use them as secondary ships to jump to and continue to fly hopefully all night in bombers.

Try and keep this a professional discussion about the FMs. Where able please provide original documentation if specific aircraft FM issues are at question.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:47 pm 

And don't forget about the actual dedicated FM board which has existed for months and months on the totalsims forum... sometimes it does good to scroll down and read more than the headline.

I'm not a FMT member, but I'm guessing the regular FM board is the best place to build a public document archive for each model.

http://forum.totalsims.com/viewforum.php?f=52

<S>

Oblt zikker
Technischer Offizier
II./JG 77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:24 pm 

Salute!

First:

Quote:
you can fly the S3 during the week..you just have to spend the damn time to READ what has been posted a 100 times before. AT THE BACKSPLASH SCREEN OPEN YOUR TEXT BUFFER. TYPE .privatearena s3 HIT PLAYONLINE. VOILA...S3 arena for your pleasure. Only been posted like 5 times since the start of this season in here.

First of all, I saw some obscure reference to a "back door" way of getting to S3 when it was down for Janitor use. I did not see it a hundred times on the "general" forum or our Axis forum, and I challenge anyone to list those hundred times. And ditto for all the critter control crapola the Stalkers seemed to have figured out.

I don't know what the "backsplash" screen is, and my settings automatically bring up available online arenas. I finally found a way to get to S3 settings and then practice offline, but it is a lot easier to have the arena easily available and with all the special settings and such for those with the password ( NOTE TO JABO). Gonna take a lotta evidence to convince me that the MA settings and the S3 settings are the same, and not the FM's, but damage, fuel divisor, and so forth.

Second: I shall take some of my whines to the general iEnt forums as suggested and we can trade complaints there. I only bring this stuff up here on S3 forums because this is where we have the most experience with WB, longest time folks, some real pilots, folks that enjoy the comraderie, and so forth. There may be a few folks that are fascinated with a wierd variant of some plane or a plane nobody wants to fly, but I go with the masses that like the famous WW2 planes. I stay around becausse I enjoy the comraderie, not because the stoopid flight model is so damn accurate that I need a full vision, Cray computer simulator and force feedback and actual gees on my skinny ass. Sheeshh.

Gums sends....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:18 pm 

I appreciate the work done on the FM's and not being an aviation expert, I won't put in any comments without alot of research to back up my comments.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:49 pm 

I'll leave all the technical mumbo jumbo to all of you. But being that we have new flight models, it sure would be nice to get some practice time in on our rides for the s3. Something the rotating plane sets in the main limits severely. Can we get the training or s3 arena up so we can get some squad practice?

P.s. My real stick time is limited to 1 hour of aerobatics and sight seeing in a at6 from warbirds adventures. Hell of a time though. Salute!

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:13 am 

I believe this still works:
Run WB's
from the title screen, NOT the arena selection screen, type in the radio buffer .privatearena s3
hit return
Push play online
You should see the s3 arena now.
To be able to play in the main after doing this, you will have to do either of the following:
Quit the game and restart the game.
or, log off then type .privatearena (alone by itself) and return. You should have the default arena screen then.

This is all covered somewhere else here.

Happy New Year !!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12
 >> Next