New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:04 pm 

Hawk wrote:
Gums, the truth hurts and you are right on LT COL Gums! We try to report the problems and we get attacked for it. I want things fixed. Putting back to old FM is better until they can fix them. I know it isn't easy and they are working on the FM, but I think they bit off more than they could chew and now take offense when we bring up the issues.

If any response other than "You are absolutely right" is an attack then guilty as charged.

The biggest problem with FM development are people on and off the FMT with an anti-change agenda.

You may as well get all wound up now.

Jman convinced me to get back to work and "downgrades" are a-coming, fast and furious. At least 4 brand new planes, most of which are squirrely to fly and one that is just downright dangerous. And a continual review of all past work constantly tweaking and correcting reported issues.

I know the data miners have datasheets on all the Japanese stuff for Shidens in the Clouds so one may expect all new super, duper FM's on Japanese planes.

That will be my New Years present to all you anti-change curmudgeons

(In case you missed it, =JMAN= got me to come back to work on FM's. I was happily gone, living the dream, free of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. So when you are bemoaning how horribly bad the TBF Avenger flies, wondering why your P-51 won't climb like an F-15 and turn like a Fokker Dr-1 or in an unrecoverable spin in a Mig 3, do not let my sweet visage appear as the target for your rage. Conjure thoughts of =JMAN=, for he is the evildoer, the bringer of Dawger, the destroyer of stagnant online worlds.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:10 pm 

Salute!

Dawg said:

Quote:
If any response other than "You are absolutely right" is an attack then guilty as charged.

I completely agree. 200%.

Quote:
The biggest problem with FM development are people on and off the FMT with an anti-change agenda.

I do not completely agree, but understand the feeling. What I have seen, and Columbo, has been "big" changes versus small refinements. I have also seen a bit of what Hawk has opined. Not all the time, but enough to give pause. I trust 'mumbo and Wolfie more than most anybody, and Dobs is no pure pinball wizard. Our point is not "anti-change", but to try to get "the feel" right for a desktop computer with no motion base or forces on our bodies or voa the controls ( although is being addressed for some).

As far as the "Tub", that FM was porked so bad two years ago we went to other planes if we had a choice. Ditto for the JU-88 this series, and that sucker has been the plane of choice for the knights and nomads for years and years. Oh well.

No flame wars, but at least let a few of us make our case before the group.

Gums retreats.....

As I stated, we have some many models and such I have no doubt that some models are porked and others seem just about right to experienced pilots like Dawg, DeWolf, Mt-dew, and others.

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:14 pm 

Hawk wrote:
I want things fixed. Putting back to old FM is better until they can fix them. I know it isn't easy and they are working on the FM, but I think they bit off more than they could chew and now take offense when we bring up the issues.

So, the same guy who yells that FM's should be rolled back until they are fixed, doesn't apply the same logic toward an interface that isn't working 100% correctly. Are you saying we don't have issues with how Ai's work in the S3?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:42 pm 

Dazed

I think you are confused and let me try and explain it. Asking to roll back the FM for the S3 is totally different then you calling the CA silly.

The FM's are screwed up and until they are fixed, take them out. Unless you are agreeing on having screwed up bombers is fair to them that fly them. We still need to CA to help out with low buff numbers.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:44 pm 

I don't need it explained.. you claim the FMs are broke so don't use them till fixed. I'm saying the interface is broken so don't use it until fixed either.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:58 pm 

there's buff tuff/blast radius/weapon damage files that can be used on the regular (and working) interface to make up for low numbers. We had AI routines in previous S3's that responded better to the Ai script than what the CA is providing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 am 

Gums wrote:
As far as the "Tub", that FM was porked so bad two years ago we went to other planes if we had a choice. .

You are thinking TBD "Devastator":

We are talking about the TBF "Avenger":

BIG difference....

And yup it's my fault....

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:59 am 

Salute!

Yeah, Jman, I am thinking the TBF.

For years and years it was the most docile carrier plane even with its low power and such. Suddenly we had lots less power and I think we saw the increased torque/p-factor or whatever. I did some runs for the FM beta team and showed the problem with Pr vs Pa after reaching "x" knots and so forth. Had to reduce time with beta due to family medical stuff and so forth.

Haven't tried the beast since then due to side assignments and such.

Gums sends...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:02 am 

Gums wrote:
Salute!

Yeah, Jman, I am thinking the TBF.

For years and years it was the most docile carrier plane even with its low power and such. Suddenly we had lots less power and I think we saw the increased torque/p-factor or whatever. I did some runs for the FM beta team and showed the problem with Pr vs Pa after reaching "x" knots and so forth. Had to reduce time with beta due to family medical stuff and so forth.

Haven't tried the beast since then due to side assignments and such.

Gums sends...

Gums we don't HAVE the TBF "yet"...

The TBD has been in game for 10+ years...

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:50 am 

Salute!

Oh yeah, missed a letter and it's the TBD I am talking about.

No excuse, sir.

Gums corrects hisself....

P.S. The "Tub" has been around since something like WB v1.1, so figure late 90's. But I could be wrong as it is happening more and more last few months.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12
 >> Next