All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:54 am 

Gums wrote:
I vote for the old FM's for both S3 and the MA. Until we can fly the S3 settings online, then we are rolling the dice at Vegas. The latest iEnt arenas have different FM's and damage and ................... So we are screwed trying to bring a new pilot onboard or doing BDA or anything. The "practice arenas" are not like the S3 or even the MA.

With a lot of respect sir, what you're asking for would include the removal of all the new planes.
Typhoon
IL2
MC200 (This series)
N1K (Upcoming series)
P40N
B29

You want the lowest common denominator included in the planning?

If I read Dob's post correctly and your response, you don't have a stick or pedals? :shock:

CH makes excellent sticks and pedals and I highly recommend them.

Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:12 am 

Actually Hawk....Dawger has done more for this game than pretty much the entire "team" combined...past and present efforts.

What we discovered is, just like an insurgency, you can't help those who don't want to be helped.

Gums may be a combat veteran, but he doesn't know this game...otherwise he wouldn't say things like
"the number of lite models and their capabilities is becoming a problem. A hundred models of every lite and not a dime's worth of difference in performance or whatever. I would suggest we keep all planes to 4 or 5 variants and allow small tweaks to ord and such, but not drastic changes to FM's unless a significant mod.

I vote for the old FM's for both S3 and the MA. Until we can fly the S3 settings online, then we are rolling the dice at Vegas. The latest iEnt arenas have different FM's and damage and ................... So we are screwed trying to bring a new pilot onboard or doing BDA or anything. The "practice arenas" are not like the S3 or even the MA. Gasp."

Variant models have different performance...try flying them. Think everyone will say the difference between a 109E1 and 109K is pretty drastic and Spit I to Spit XIV is pretty drastic.

Same FMs in the MA as the S3.

You can fly the S3 during the week..you just have to spend the damn time to READ what has been posted a 100 times before. AT THE BACKSPLASH SCREEN OPEN YOUR TEXT BUFFER. TYPE .privatearena s3 HIT PLAYONLINE. VOILA...S3 arena for your pleasure. Only been posted like 5 times since the start of this season in here. Don't like the way that is...talk to Wild Bill its his call to hide arena's not in use.

But label it as Ego Hawk...makes it easier to hate him that way. Don't think of it as credentials whatever you do....that would just make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 pm 

Hawk wrote:
I think Dawger needs to take a break and check that big fat ego in for a while.

I am not impressed with what he just said but have one hell of respect for Gums who has been there and done that.

His attitude is why people are being driven away from this game. He thinks he is all that and all knowing.

Hawk <{S}>

I don't think Dawger was meaning a personal attack against gummy bear, but is more so on the line of trying to take RL flying and incorporating it into the SIM to make it as close to RL FM as possible with the archaic system we have.

The FM team is taking a beating trying to fix FMs and incorporate new ones with very few (two) that have somewhat of an idea of the coding. While doing this always finding errors from the past which the FM team is testing and testing and comparing RL numbers to WB numbers and adjust to make it as close to RL.

Jugggo
中佐
Chūsa
Commander
Tainan Kokutai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:40 pm 

I stand by my statement. I know the FM has done a great job but his attitude toward others is what is causing the problems. We bring up problems and we get attack. We give examples and we get attacked. I have been for some time telling about the HE-111 problems and the B-25 and get attacked.

I know how the game works and I know you can't take real numbers and put them into the game and expect the plane to act the way. But when knowledgeable people post they get attacked. You just can't do treat people that.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:13 pm 

Salute!

Dobs says:

Quote:
You can fly the S3 during the week..you just have to spend the damn time to READ what has been posted a 100 times before. AT THE BACKSPLASH SCREEN OPEN YOUR TEXT BUFFER. TYPE .privatearena s3 HIT PLAYONLINE. VOILA...S3 arena for your pleasure. Only been posted like 5 times since the start of this season in here. Don't like the way that is...talk to Wild Bill its his call to hide arena's not in use.

Well, EXCUUUUUSE MEEEE !!!

I just checked the S3 forums for a sticky but could not find one concerning this. Anyway, Dobs, thanks for the secret decoder ring text. I recall seeing something sbout this when I came down from the mountains, but seems it was buried in a series forum thread.
+++++++++++++

No flame war from this old guy. Hell I can't even fly a lite real well anymore, so stick with mudbeating as I did in that other life long ago.

I have a Logitech stick, but when on the road I have used the mouse and once the touchpad for a frame. The buffs are easier to fly that way then a lite, as you would imagine. No pedals, and my stick doesn't control rudders either. I like a "stiff stick" ( don't get excited 'cat) and some of the cosmic ones have touchy buttons on the top that result in dropping early.

All of us appreciate what the Dawg has done, but we still get a fair amount of defensive crapola from Dawg and Dobs. I realize that there's pride of authorship at work, as well as lack of accolades from many of us, but I shall continue to push the philosophy that the planes should "resemble" their real world counterparts and a knot or two here, a gun or two there, a loadout or two missing, and so forth should be acceptable.

Talking about touchy models, some folks sound like the guy in the squad that says the "black diamond" ski trail is real easy. You take the lift up there and stare at the "Olympic" downhill/slalom below!!!! Of course, he was born on a set of Rossignols and his mom and dad were in the 1980 Olympics, heh heh.

I shall continue to point out that we are dealing with various operating systems and displays and processors and such. So we gotta compromise a few things to increase the player base, huh?

I'm still a team player, and will fly with you all as long as my arthritic fingers can hit the pickle button.

Gums sends.....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:23 pm 

Gums went immediately to insult mode in his original post by IMPLYING that the FM team had no real world experience and needed to learn from those that did.

He knew the truth to be quite different but posted it anyway.

He doesn't want the game to change and uses his past real world experience to cover for this agenda.

My reply was to point out the error in his implication.

I recently stepped away from FM development and filled my spare time flying a "study" WWII aircraft simulation. This is a title that attempts to faithfully simulate what its actually like to fly a plane.

It was a sanity check for what I have been trying to move forward in Warbirds. By comparison, Warbirds is arcadish at best.

Warbirds players need to make up their minds and they need to do it soon.

You either want to leave Warbirds as it is and just ride it out until WB pulls the plug or you need to fully support change of ALL aspects and as rapidly as possible. Warbirds is at a decision point for its future survival. Change is the ONLY path forward with any hope of keeping the game alive in the long term.

Or you can keep calling change "Downgrades" and disparaging them, keep on crying bias when faced with a new FM in the S3 instead of learning them and eventually those who volunteer will just stop.

Which is what many appear to want.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 pm 

Salute!

I quote from my first post:

Quote:
@ dazed

Truth is the flight models are the best guess of actual performance by a few folks, many of which we know. So far they have not listened a lot to folks with real world experience and take suggestions that might make the planes fly a bit easier, even if not "perfect". That's my story and I am stickin' to it. We have to think about game play, huh? but seems a few MPH here and a notch of flaps there and p-factor estimates and such rule.

i may have been somewhat harsh in that first post, but I ackowledged the contributions of the FM team right up front. My reference to not listening to old folks was because 'mumbo pitched in on the iEin forums about the buff FM and was dissed. Beam me up. Another player even put up the tech order trim settings for rudder and such for takeoff. But the FM team dissed them and pressed on. Sheesh. If the actual buffs were as hard now to keep straight on the runway as what the 111 and 88 and other buffs do, then we would have lost more guys in training than to the other guys' lites.

I mean no insult to Dawg or Dobs or any of the stalwarts working the models. All here for more than ten years know that.

Other than sitting in the same plane with each other, I feel we can banter here about some flight characteristics and tweak. Especially if we have flown some of the real planes as Dawg has. Hell, I only flew tail dragger stuff like the Champ, Luscombe, Taylorcraft and original Cub when learning to fly back in the 50's.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:50 pm 

Gums, the truth hurts and you are right on LT COL Gums! We try to report the problems and we get attacked for it. I want things fixed. Putting back to old FM is better until they can fix them. I know it isn't easy and they are working on the FM, but I think they bit off more than they could chew and now take offense when we bring up the issues.

Capt Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 am 

If we roll back the FM's, does that mean we can do away with the silly combined arms nonsense in the S3 as well? Ai's don't seem to be responding properly so what the point of trying to continue with CA goofiness?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:39 pm 

Dazed

There isn't anything silly about the CA arena. This was brought on because of the low numbers of bombers. We use to have a big squadron and now we might have 4 or 5 bombers showing up.

Having the CA arena allows us to at least have a chance to close a field.

Capt Hawk

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12
 >> Next