All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 am 

160 is first notch of flaps...second notch looks to be available by the time first finishes deploying down.

Flap speed is don't lower above 180 in a flight manual that I've found....

So looks like they are 20 mph low in-game.

Not sure why yours would not deploy...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 am 

very odd, I tried all the way down to 140mph and nota (then I fell out of the sky).

Second try, tried all the way down to 160mph and nothing. I thought maybe they got shot off or something (even though you couldn't see anything) so when I landed and stopped I deployed them and they were just fine.

I was not alone in this. Lots of chatter from the others they were experiencing the same thing.

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:33 am 

I believe ya:) Just reporting what I tested....and it appears from a B-29 Flight manual that 180 is MAXIMUM speed to lower...and Power off Stall plus 30 is the speed you fly final with full flaps... At 100K weight that is 153..

Attachment:
b29stall.JPG
b29stall.JPG [ 41.91 KiB | Viewed 222750 times ]

Also found this in same place....
Attachment:
max diving speed B29.JPG
max diving speed B29.JPG [ 64.73 KiB | Viewed 222750 times ]

..haven't tested that yet:)

Dobs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:44 am 

Salute!

Nice work Dobs.

My B-29 sections of the manual do not have much per charts and such, but I may try to confirm when I get home from TDY.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 am 

Gums wrote:
Salute!

Knock it off guys - Dobs and Dawg especially.

This forum has much more eperienced and talented sim/WB flyers and pilots than the Main. Good grief. Why post on the basic iEnt forums when most there do not fly S3? They do not see the immense torque/yaw stuff and do not fly an hour to reach the tgt in a buff.

If many or even a few of us have beefs with our "special" S3 models, then PLZ listen and put your "pride of authorship" aside. We all know the hours and hours tweaking the models, and thanks, but the latest few downgrades are far more than tweaking. When we have dozens of folks here that have been thru dozens of changes to the basic WB program and models, then fer chrissakes admit it!!! Some of us have been here before youse guys!!!

Ch 100 is for dweebs, and we have S3 main forum for stuff besides using ch 100 - what is ch 100??? Just kidding.

The flap thingie for the B-29 is not acceptable, BEAM ME UP!!!

So much for the cosmic modeling if a simple feature does not work.

later,

Gums whines....

You tell us to knock it off and then insult the modelers. Physician heal thyself.

There isn't much to modeling the flaps deployment. It consists of putting a speed in mph in a file for each notch of flaps.

If the flaps WONT come down for a few people it isn't very likely that it is a an issue with that particular models file. If it were the issue would exist for everyone.

I occasionally run into issues deploying flaps on various models and attribute to one of several more likely causes.

1. My input hardware (CH Pro Throttle HAT switch)
2. My CH Control Manager software
3. The interface between the CH product and Warbirds
4. Something in the global code that causes flap selection to be ignored since it happens across several aircraft types.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 pm 

dawger wrote:
Gums wrote:
Salute!

Knock it off guys - Dobs and Dawg especially.

This forum has much more eperienced and talented sim/WB flyers and pilots than the Main. Good grief. Why post on the basic iEnt forums when most there do not fly S3? They do not see the immense torque/yaw stuff and do not fly an hour to reach the tgt in a buff.

If many or even a few of us have beefs with our "special" S3 models, then PLZ listen and put your "pride of authorship" aside. We all know the hours and hours tweaking the models, and thanks, but the latest few downgrades are far more than tweaking. When we have dozens of folks here that have been thru dozens of changes to the basic WB program and models, then fer chrissakes admit it!!! Some of us have been here before youse guys!!!

Ch 100 is for dweebs, and we have S3 main forum for stuff besides using ch 100 - what is ch 100??? Just kidding.

The flap thingie for the B-29 is not acceptable, BEAM ME UP!!!

So much for the cosmic modeling if a simple feature does not work.

later,

Gums whines....

You tell us to knock it off and then insult the modelers. Physician heal thyself.

There isn't much to modeling the flaps deployment. It consists of putting a speed in mph in a file for each notch of flaps.

If the flaps WONT come down for a few people it isn't very likely that it is a an issue with that particular models file. If it were the issue would exist for everyone.

I occasionally run into issues deploying flaps on various models and attribute to one of several more likely causes.

1. My input hardware (CH Pro Throttle HAT switch)
2. My CH Control Manager software
3. The interface between the CH product and Warbirds
4. Something in the global code that causes flap selection to be ignored since it happens across several aircraft types.

I haven't tested the b29 yet, so I can't say I've had the problem. I will say that arguing and on this forum is pointless. so those that start it and you know who are, are the ones that do need to knock it off. its bad enough that a portion of the folks in WBs are unhappy with the flight models in the main but that irrelevant. those that like to gripe and whine can do so on the ch 100. but here no.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:13 pm 

=dobs= wrote:

you are quite predictable dobs when comes to putting those kind of videos. :D

i have a right to speak my opinion and you playing that video to try to shut me up isn't going to work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:31 pm 

Yeah but you have to admit it's still funny!! Besides, I thought you were a fighter guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:38 pm 

Way to stir the pot, you thread necromancer, Skuz!

~GRIN~

~S~

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12
 >> Next