All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:44 am 

Generally I have no issues with the FMs. Go slow, stall and lose a ton of altitude while you recover... sounds about right to me. Keep it in the envelope and the FMs I've flown work pretty well. The N1K wing seems to snap pretty easily in the last S3 but otherwise I thought it was good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:08 am 

As a dedicated flyer of the N1 in the main. I feel your pain... Would have set that to music if I could find the beat..lol.. N1 was always soft when in neg g, that's why you see me roll all the time. Keep the wings square in the turn, little slip, and keep pos g. New wing programing only made it harder to roll at lower speeds..:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:47 am 

goneer wrote:
As a dedicated flyer of the N1 in the main. I feel your pain... Would have set that to music if I could find the beat..lol.. N1 was always soft when in neg g, that's why you see me roll all the time. Keep the wings square in the turn, little slip, and keep pos g. New wing programing only made it harder to roll at lower speeds..:(

Couldn't agree more Goneer. You adapt to the flight model. I have been in the N1K quite a bit lately. It isn't bad at all. It will however snap a wing with almost ANY negative G pressure on the stick. I broke a wing last frame avoiding debris from an exploding B24. Pulled left and down at about 300mph and SNAP. I should have rolled and pulled more positive Gs. But The N1K doesn't roll quickly at all. It has a horrible roll rate. Don't know if its historic or a bug, but if you know about it you can adapt how you flight. Same with Spits, they don't respond well to negative G forces.

Overall, I certainly applaud Sleepy and the hardworking FM team for the last round of tweaks.

Oskar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

So best IJ fighter this series is? From that flown it appears to be the Ki84.

Best US fighter this series has to be the F4Us.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:44 pm 

"Best" is subjective, as it is when talking about any airframe.

I do think that this planeset for the IJ and the matchup, in general, is very good. I am seeing that the victor are those who have the initial advantage in altitude and angle.

However, some consideration should be given to location...for instance, a damaged Hayate can easily make it back to Kyushu with enough altitude, whereas a damaged Mustang or F6 flying back to Okinawa or the Enterprise has less chance of survival.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:36 pm 

23rd flew 3 frames in JUgs, scoring several kills without a combat loss...just saying

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 pm 

=vslp= wrote:
23rd flew 3 frames in JUgs, scoring several kills without a combat loss...just saying

Thats very good, Sleep. In pre-series testing, I felt the Jug was outperformed by each of the Hayate, Raiden and Shiden.

I was surprised to see only one Republic loss in the series.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:27 pm 

Sakai wrote:
In pre-series testing, I felt the Jug was outperformed by each of the Hayate, Raiden and Shiden.

I was surprised to see only one Republic loss in the series.

Remember, our testing was done from equal footing (same initial alt, same initial airspeed, etc). No tester started from a place of advantage.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:51 am 

I don't fly the IJ planes much, so I defer to those with more time in Japanese plane set. Making the transition from flying corsairs, ponies, spits, and lightnings in the main to IJ planes this series has been tricky. Kind of like flying the LA -5s a few series back. You can lose a wing without warning. Broke wings in 3 of the last 4 frames. Most IJ lost planes have been from broken wings, not enemy action. I find the KI84 most susceptible to airframe failure because it accelerates in a dive so quickly. Any pressure on the stick over 400mph will break a wing.

The George is less fragile, but hates any negative G pressure. Haven't flown the J2M (yet).

Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:14 am 

It seems the G's load up way too fast in the game. I broke wings in 2 frames with the N1K1 dipping the nose down about 10 degrees to avoid the otto while hitting bombers. I didn't jerk the stick down, but gently pushed it down. Lost the wing both times in less than a second.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 >> Next