All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: CTK Frame 3 Summary
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 am 

dewolf wrote:

2) The field closes while you are out on a mission. The ONLY field you have the fuel to reach will not support any more steps or even your type of aircraft. You can land there, but you can't take off. You are DONE. Same as landing at one of the previously-closed fields from a previous Frame.

I don't believe that this is/was actually true, at least in the past. I know from the past that I've seen squads rotate one step at a time to land/ refuel and takeoff, then the next step lands, etc. with the janitors blessing. Amount of fuel on hand at that airfield would be the one constraint I would think. However, we have all been paying the fuel bills for WB's for years, so lack of fuel is not an excuse. ;)
Of course landing at a closed field does make sense, even in the real world.

I swear that some day in the future there may be so many rules that we may as well stay in the CO's Club and drink and talk on TS or Vent.

Sorry for the rant, but it is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:56 pm 

Quote:
Of course landing at a closed field does make sense, even in the real world.

Don't wont to beat a dead horse---but field Was Not closed when I landed and went straight to tower.

Salute

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:22 pm 

It has always been a policy that a plane can land at any field to refuel, but then must return to home field before engaging. Imagine if, while you are in a dogfight you got a fuel leak and instead of landing at a field 10 miles away you had to fly 100 miles to your home field, kind of stupid don't you think. To get your plane patched up with enough fuel to return to your home base is quite reasonable, remember each frame represents 1 week of real time.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 pm 

Quote:
It has always been a policy that a plane can land at any field to refuel, but then must return to home field before engaging.

This was only for a short time. Currently we enjoy this ruling that has been in place for a long time now dating back to at least mid way last season.

Single planes can land anywhere and rejoin their squad without going back to home base first. Whole squads must either request a new field or ferry back to their home field before conducting operations again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:32 pm 

We just dumbs pilots following orders from ole Gums who said he was clearing the move to F190 with Jabo.
at 3am, I don't question much lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:48 pm 

split wrote:
dewolf wrote:

2) The field closes while you are out on a mission. The ONLY field you have the fuel to reach will not support any more steps or even your type of aircraft. You can land there, but you can't take off. You are DONE. Same as landing at one of the previously-closed fields from a previous Frame.

.......... with the janitors blessing.

Not to highlight this particular poster, but this part needs to be emphasized. IF you get an "in-Frame" ruling on anything from the Janitors.....
S3 Clarifications - the S3 staff reserves the right to make a ruling on questions or game situations not answered completely or missed by the rules.

FWIW, we happen to utilize what I call "The Rule of Eaches". ("Eaches" not "Bunches") We will find an alternate open field for any ONE damaged airplane to attempt to reach. IF he makes it, he can rearm and refuel and rejoin the fight. We don't even do wing pairs with this procedure as we see that as "pushing" the privilege to land planes in "eaches". We plan fuel quantities for missions so that any "flight' can either RTB to the original base or to a base that will support all three steps of our pilots.

In this particular Series, "linger time" is greatly reduced due to distances to targets getting further for all each Frame.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2