Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Database split coming
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 pm 

I talked about this last spring, but thought I would throw this reminder out.

I will be splitting the scoring database and website. The S6 will remain, but nothing more will be added to it once the move is complete. A new site, the S6c will be where new data is dumped. There are 2 reasons. First, the database is getting big. Almost 1 million rows at the moment. This is actually not too bad if the queries and indexes are done right (WHICH THEY ARE!). But, there is still risk of run away processes, etc. The second reason is that the the game play of the S3's has changed to more than one life. This changes the data such that you really can't run queries comparing past events on an even playing field. A lot of my tools were built with 1 life in mind. Changes to the game have also impacted the data over the years and a restart will help that.

So, I will be splitting the data between SOF and ABTF. ABTF being run the Fall of 2017, our first multi life event. This will be nice because then we will have 2 years of data in the new database right off the bat.

It will be a process to get this done. I will post again when the split is complete. Until then the S6 will be the most up to date information.

In the past I have mentioned that the S6 was beerware and between payments at the last con and a gifted graphics card since then, it has been paid in full for all. But, this will not be the case for S6c. That will be upgraded to scotchware.

phenix
Stats Custodian
S6c

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:30 am 

So I guess I will need to look at 2 places to see up my frame CO's (currently 97 frames, only 95 posted plus 2 last series) :o

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:59 am 

When I type a 'b' into the id field of the CO/award insert tool, it guesses 'beaver'. :)

phenix
Stats Custodian
S6c

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:27 pm 

phenix wrote:
When I type a 'b' into the id field of the CO/award insert tool, it guesses 'beaver'. :)

That's a good one !

Here's your first installment of scotch...Just kidding, Thanks for all you do phenix!

Attachment:
scotchtape.jpg
scotchtape.jpg [ 59.91 KiB | Viewed 6473 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

Great job Phenix. It would be great to have this until WB2021 gets rolling. Then its time for winecaskwear.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]