All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hey, Barkeep...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:02 pm 

...a round for everyone in this O'Club.

Commanders - have we anything to discuss prior to the next season?

I fear we may be in our last few series, though I am hopeful for a turn-around to the anemic numbers and renewed interest in the S3s.

I am open for discussions on anything...and on ways we can improve the game.

And as long as we have discourse, I'll buy the rounds.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Post subject: Re: Hey, Barkeep...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:22 pm 

I have little place anymore but just to put it out there........ If Warbirds does collapse in the near future (just based on owner investment alone) there are other venues the S3 could use to facilitate. Perhaps Warbirds leaves, but the S3 doesn't necessarily have to. Of course it would mean a whole new learning curve for everyone and janitors would have to learn a different system all over, perhaps better tools for them to use. It may certainly mean a bigger pool would be available.

If it means survival..

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:16 pm 

Personally, I decided last season was my last season when the season ended.

Putting in the time to do things right for S3 was rewarded with moving the goal posts.

The constant FM bitch from the "bomber" guys wore very thin.

And there are some large squads that are only concerned with not getting killed.

So no matter what I am done with S3 until the Janitors show some sign of sticking to plane sets, rules and settings that are announced before the series throughout the series. And show a commitment to Bufftuff 1.0. And scoring based upon actually doing something other than flying around in the Mesosphere. In other words, penalizing sides that have groups that do not engage or retire from the frame with less than 90 percent losses.

There are some in my group that want to remain in S3 and in Warbirds but I don't know if its enough to even commit the group to another season. I have told them they have 7 days to put something together or I will formally withdraw. That means 4 guys must commit to the full S3 season.

There is no enthusiasm for the Main Arena in my group and S3 alone is not enough for 95% of my guys.

The leadership of the 475FG is rapidly moving away from Warbirds with recent developments from Wild Bill giving the appearance of rolling back the MA to the settings preferred by the griefer/solo accomplishment crowd. We aren't going to stick around for that. How many of the group stay is an unknown.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:33 pm 

This sucks!

I hate to see the decline, now close to terminal velocity.

I have caught up reading the threads in the FM boards, but I still do not understand why there is the resistance to the work completed by the FM team. I would like to see a list of grievances, followed by recommendations by the aggrieved, on how/what to correct. But any bitch, should be accompanied by some citation or reference and not the canned replies and personal attacks. Chit, I was done with that crap all those years back.

I would also like to see Bill answer some questions and give some indication on achievable goals for this business. I do NOT want to hear about how green it will be, I want to see the path to the green and help identify solutions to the inevitable pot-holes in said path. A method for end-users to report back their experiences is an invaluable resource IF there is any legitimate concern for the viability of the product and desire to move forward with change...which, sadly, it seems is not the case.

I do plan to kick the AHIII tires and see if I can get it to run decently on my MacBook. I do not plan to leave WB - too many fond memories and I still have fun for the most part. Plus - here, I am an experten and not so much bait.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:22 pm 

Bill has no development plan other than a mobile version to expose any foolish enough to download it to the toxic MA.

He won't allow any change not endorsed by Sleepy/Hawk/Darryl.

Example:

Although squad size limits and Icons on GV's were 2 of the three top items on the MA change poll, WB ordered them removed because Darryl would bitch about squad limits and Sleepy would bitch about GV icons.

That event was the trigger for what now follows.

Personally, I think the best thing that could happen right now is a mass exodus to demonstrate reality to WB.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:58 pm 

Apparently, my previous post was copied and sent to Wild Bill by one of the turds in Warbirds that has access to this board.

Which proves my point very nicely.

The turds have Wild Bill's ear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:30 pm 

Gentlemen:

I cannot find the original writing by dawger suggesting WarBirds players all leave to "teach" me a lesson.

FYI, IENT revenues are growing significantly. We intend to be around for a long time and I believe WarBirds Mobile will be the best instrument to get new players going forward.

Here is my response to dawger.

===========

Dawger,

Thanks for all your help in the past. I appreciate it.

However, this post is not helpful and your encouraging all to leave the game is very destructive to our efforts. I am not sure what made you so angry to put up such a hurtful post?

So you will not be exposed to any more concern, I have closed all your accounts. Please let me know if that is not what you wanted.

On your other comments, I listen to lots of players. We have as many opinions as we have players. I have listened to many of your suggestions and agreed with many of them.

However, there are other players whose opinions are important to and I try to listen to all input but it is up to me to try to balance all opinions, fighter, bombers, tankers, Squadron leaders, Et al.

So any one player or set of players are not likely to get their way 100% of the time. It is up to them if they want to play on the set of rules we establish for Main Arena play.

From your other comment, we evidently do not have a plan for the Main Arena that you agree with for some reason.
We do have a plan for the MA and sorry you see the MA as toxic. Not sure why you see that way but I assume you have your own reasons.

For WarBirds:

1) We are doing the WarBirds Mobile which I believe will bring us lots of new players giving us a try online.
a. I believe that will help promote, market, and grow WarBirds Online for everyone.
b. I believe the revenues will be significant to IENT to enable additional product development.

2) We are going to continue to have great S3 events.

3) We are going to continue to have other events on an irregular basis.
a. Dawn of Aces
b. New Racing Events. (Thanks to Jabo for his arena design.)

4) We will continue to add new terrains and new play options as we grow the mobile revenues.

5) We will open two new arenas for younger folks to play.
a. One will be an instant action with primarily airstarts and small distances to fly so battles happen quickly.
b. We will open an arena only for Mobile players where they can play against other mobile players, all the time trying to upgrade them to WarBirds online.

6) Your specific gripes about MA play are not recommendations I accept.
a. You recommend limiting Squad size. What purpose does it serve to limit anyone’s ability to recruit new players? None that I can see. This appears to only be an assault on a certain squadron you do not like to me.
b. You recommended that we put icons on GVs.
i. Evidently your concern is fighters being shot down by ack traps.
ii. An approach for you to consider, you might coordinate (as you have recommended) with a bomber squadron trying to close a field the fighters should not have many targets to hit on the field and can focus on guarding the bombers.
1. I authorized JMan to see if there was a way to limit the respawning of the GVs immediately for your ack trap concern.

I am sorry you are unhappy with me and WarBirds.

I wish you the very best on your future endeavors.

Thanks for all your past help.

WB

JW “Wild Bill” Stealey
Lt. Colonel USAF Retired
Command Pilot
T-37 IP, C-5A, O2B FAC, A-37 FAC, T-28B Trojan
5000 Military Flying Hours as Aircraft Commander

CEO, iEntertainment Network Inc.
Public Listing: IENT: OTCBB

USAF Academy Graduate
Founder and CEO, MicroProse Software

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:39 pm 

Nice name calling dawger. So professional.............?

You are called out for not being helpful and just opinionated.

Good luck to you.

=============

If anyone would like to set up a time to chat on SKYPE, I would be glad to do it.

I may not have all the answers but willing to chat and listen to all interested parties suggestions and recommendations.

Please let me know and we may be able to get a lot of issues out in the open, discussed, and start a new S3 Series with enthusiasm.

FYI, we will be doing advertising for WarBirds and WarBirds mobile during the fall.

Our Tapstar acquisition is turning out to be a good revenue generator and we expect the same with WarBirds Mobile to be released in Oct/Nov.

We will announce a new TV network game deal soon.

We have another one working behind that.

Lots of good announcements coming as we move the IENT stock in the right direction and have more funds to promote WarBirds Online.

Look forward to scheduling a discussion.

WB

JW “Wild Bill” Stealey
Lt. Colonel USAF Retired
Command Pilot
CEO, iEntertainment Network Inc.
Public Listing: IENT: OTCBB
http://www.IENT.com
USAF Academy Graduate
Founder and CEO, MicroProse Software

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:43 pm 

That's because the lying sack of shit who sent you the post was just that. There is "no teach WB a lesson post...what you see is what you get. "

So verify your sources....

And turd is mild for whoever did it...balless comes to mind.

So once again your only success is at running off the guys trying to help....nice job....and good to hear from you...only been since April?? Hope your summer was as good as WBs was bad.

Dobs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:08 pm 

Bill,

My original, unedited post is two posts above your first reply.

And I stand by what I said.

You only understand canceled accounts.

You have ignored gameplay designed for large numbers of subscribers for years and instead of fixing it you are engaging in a silly witch hunt.

Killing the messenger is highly ineffective problem solving, especially when the messenger you kill has all the tools to fix the problem in his head.

I am sure you have noticed the multiple canceled accounts this past week.

They are quitting because you made it obvious you dont care about the majority of your subscribers.

You made that obvious by ordering two of the most popular poll options removed.

This forum is only accesible to S3 CO and XO. It is far from public yet here you are overreacting instead of examining the truth of what I said.

You prove my post with every move you make.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next