Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: %Real BNB CO pge.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 pm 

I reposted the CO page as it had been hijacked as a bitghing post or how thihgs should, but ni ine offered to CO any frane,

Frame - 1 - May 17 - Beaver
Frame - 2 - May 31 -
Frame - 3 - Jun 14 - Beaver
Frame - 4 - Jun 21 -
Frame - 5 - Jul 12 -pmhb

May 24 s off

Don't post unless you sre volunteering to CO!

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Last edited by Beaver on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: %Real BNB CO pge.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:13 pm 

NEED co FOR 3 OR 4 OR 5

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:55 pm 

<Punt>

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:56 pm 

Is nobody going to post a notice that they will CO a frame?
I am done COing in this series.
Since Warbirds has started I have COed over 170 frames, how about sharing the load!

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 am 

Indicate what's required to "CO" a frame... I'm not volunteering for something unknown.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:47 pm 

This is not an official response but from my experiences CO'ing a frame should include:
A basic plan for at least the first sortie for both fighter and bomber squads to follow which attempts to reach the goals/objectives of the frame. Preferably a somewhat detailed plan for each with approximate time hacks if the frame is structured as needing such. Second sorties can be spelled out ahead of time, but usually once the frame starts things get fluid and you will need to possibly give new orders on the fly. IF radar reports would be effective then the Frame CO (or a designated gci) would be in the tower giving such reports over the country channel for his forces to use in flight. Even if the CO doesn't stay in the tower, the CO needs to be cognitive of how the frame is developing and order squads to how to react , or at least have choices spelled out in advance.
Posting graphics seem to help tremendously. In a perfect world Squads are expected to follow orders.
<S>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 am 

I see the continued call for volunteer Event/frame CO's but I fail to see any semblance of a detailed plan covering either all or individual frames. You say a CO must be able to plan in advance, including timings, at least the initial attack. I don't see any way to do that here and so I guess people vote with their feet.

I have offered help but it hasn't been properly responded to or taken up, (I'm not pointing fingers, we all have a RL to get on with), but IF you want help, help us to help you. I have no idea on the overall plan here other than to capture real-estate, I have no idea of the limitations that have been pointed out earlier, how can a plan be formulated when we can't even get into the area to test fly/drive or recce.

You may remember I did have a go at planning (for the bomber groups) and sent out information, intel, timings, etc., only to find I couldn't use the field I was told I could use. FFS, coordinate yourselves and try to gather a group of willing helpers at the outset and you might just have a team of volunteers happy to take on the role.

I'm still willing but I'll need more help and encouragement before I try to take a lead again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:59 pm 

pmhb,
All the details you need are posted in the General forum under BNB/RTB FRAME 5 - Rhine Crossings - Rules and Objectives. As to exactly how the objectives are achieved is up to the Frame CO. In that role you are responsible for coming up with a plan, assigning each of the squadrons tasks, basing instructions, setting timings and revising orders "on the fly" in the face of dynamic game conditions. As yamon has said, the squadrons are expected to comply with the Frame CO's instructions.
Many years ago I wrote up a short (1 page) guide for frame COs. Damned if I can find it now.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:57 am 

split wrote:
This is not an official response but from my experiences CO'ing a frame should include:
A basic plan for at least the first sortie for both fighter and bomber squads to follow which attempts to reach the goals/objectives of the frame. Preferably a somewhat detailed plan for each with approximate time hacks if the frame is structured as needing such. Second sorties can be spelled out ahead of time, but usually once the frame starts things get fluid and you will need to possibly give new orders on the fly. IF radar reports would be effective then the Frame CO (or a designated gci) would be in the tower giving such reports over the country channel for his forces to use in flight. Even if the CO doesn't stay in the tower, the CO needs to be cognitive of how the frame is developing and order squads to how to react , or at least have choices spelled out in advance.
Posting graphics seem to help tremendously. In a perfect world Squads are expected to follow orders.
<S>

This write up basically covers what it takes to be a CO, nicely written. Don't forget to take a run down the runway to get credit for being in the frane.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:29 am 

pmhb has some challenges with being a frame CO at this time. He is in the UK and the time zone differences are an issue.
Any other takers?

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next