Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 6. Truk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 am 
Site Admin

For bug reports and development issues.

Post subject: Re: 6. Truk
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:40 pm 

Field 1 in the water.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time~George S Patton

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

HP Win7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Sorry just stand alone for right now. Should have an almost complete alpha stage to test within 2 weeks. We will need an initial FPS test to see if we have too many objects in this small area. After that spawn point tests and initial observations. Same true for Sicily.

The other terrains are pure alpha. Reports on flickering, terrain artifacts(ugly coastlines or weird looking islands,etc) and general observations on scale, opinions and comments. They all help, nobody is perfect and we miss lots or dont see some ramifications of placement\design.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:34 pm 

Completed install and putting the terrain through its paces. ACK is non existent for all colors. I even went down on the deck and didn't even draw a single tracer or ping.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time~George S Patton

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

HP Win7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:08 am 

Which field is the sea base? Is it 11? Its all on the surface of the water and can't take off from the 2 spawn points

Tests done so far:

1. Take off fully loaded bomber
====================

F4 is the shortest runway. SP1 & 2 on 4 are right next to each other perhaps redundant. SP3 & 4 while on opposite sides of the runway are also perhaps redundant.
F2 - SP1&2 and 3&4 right next to each other facing same directions perhaps redundant.
F1 - SP1&2 same comment.

2. Landing on all 3 airfields
==================
No issues

3. ACK test.
=========
F1 - very weak. I can put an enemy plane on the runway and ACK won't even shoot.

other places are weak as well but they will shoot you down if you are on the deck.

4. FPS test
=======
I get a constant 60FPS when flying around most areas w/ no damage to ground objects.

When I destroy a single field Im flying over FPS drops about 40%.
When I destroy several fields in a cluster e.g. 24, 27, 25, 19, 20, 1 - I get up to 80% loss of FPS. average 19FPS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:07 am 
Site Admin

What effects are you using Noflyz? I think we should use the default one as the standard. I know some effects really use up FPS.

Also make sure you are flying as orange or purple so the mostly red fields will fire at you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm 

jabo wrote:
What effects are you using Noflyz? I think we should use the default one as the standard. I know some effects really use up FPS.

Also make sure you are flying as orange or purple so the mostly red fields will fire at you.

Stock Effects. I was flying gold.

Also Which field is the sea base? Is it 11? Its all on the surface of the water and can't take off from the 2 spawn points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:07 am 

<S> Noflyz
just a note about the SPs. I put more than one on some runways so that squads can spawn and take off in pairs, rather than the line up stack. I hate spawning in some guys tail. :)
I'm not sure which fields have which numbers as they are changed when it leaves my hands. Moen Island has a seaplane base that there should be airplane SPs at. It is on the SW tip nearest Dublon Anchorage. On the FLD I think I called it Moen SP.

TAINAN KAIGUN KOKUTAI
"When I drive a car on an express way, sometimes I measure the distance to another car about 50 meters in front of me, thinking that oh, the shooting would be deadly."
Toshio Hijikata: Genzan/203 Ku Reisen pilot 2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 pm 

jabo wrote:
Sorry just stand alone for right now. Should have an almost complete alpha stage to test within 2 weeks. We will need an initial FPS test to see if we have too many objects in this small area. After that spawn point tests and initial observations. Same true for Sicily.

The other terrains are pure alpha. Reports on flickering, terrain artifacts(ugly coastlines or weird looking islands,etc) and general observations on scale, opinions and comments. They all help, nobody is perfect and we miss lots or dont see some ramifications of placement\design.

I won't mention FPS in any of my reports unless I get under 24 FPS, I have dual 1.6 Nvidia GeForce Video and 12 Meg of RAM, probably one of the highest machines running atm. Also i7 4th Gen processor :)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 pm 

Dumspiro wrote:
<S> Noflyz
just a note about the SPs. I put more than one on some runways so that squads can spawn and take off in pairs, rather than the line up stack. I hate spawning in some guys tail. :)

~S~ Sir!

That is an awesome idea! Would love to see that on one of our larger maps. It's really annoying to have 20 buffs leave from the same SP and can't see the runaway :-)

Dumspiro wrote:
I'm not sure which fields have which numbers as they are changed when it leaves my hands. Moen Island has a seaplane base that there should be airplane SPs at. It is on the SW tip nearest Dublon Anchorage. On the FLD I think I called it Moen SP.

The truk .fld file provided is an old style one with no field names. Looking for bases on the SW corner of islands looks like

F21 SP3 is the one. It is on the water and I am able to take off in pretty much any bomber from it. Probably the correct RPS in place will prevent all but relevant airplanes to the base. so this is not an issue. On landing tho the runway is not visible.

Also at F21 a cargo ship F021CM001 is above the level of the water floating in the air.

Will test more in the new years :-) Happy New Year to all.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next