All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 6. Truk
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:51 pm 

I found that by typing terrain xxxx,bin into the loaded terrain will take me to the desired terrain, but the fields of the terrain will overlay the former terrain. I still have not figured out why or how that happens. Maybe someone that is smarter than me will figure out why.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time~George S Patton

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

HP Win7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Just sent out the 1.01 Beta for Truk.
Corrects the floating ships and adds a purple and green field for event purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:11 am 

The Truk terrain is not showing the pull down list in the UI. This happened after I updated the game about two weeks ago. Please check this out.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time~George S Patton

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

HP Win7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:39 pm 

robin- wrote:
The Truk terrain is not showing the pull down list in the UI. This happened after I updated the game about two weeks ago. Please check this out.

When you update, all terrains, fields, etc. are put back to the stock terrain. Just read the Truk terrain back to your WBTerrains folder.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

I forgot to point out that updating will overwrite the files that show the terrains that are not available yet. If you have the master install still on your system you can put the files in the offln folder back into your terrain setup as well as the terrmap.vfc into the root. That should allow you to see the beta terrains again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:44 am 

Hey all,
I am using the Truk file dated 1/3/15. Is this the latest?

If so,
f8 & f10 are under water. Seems odd.

Why does F25 have ack at F15
1 - F025G3002 (40mm)
2 - F025G2001 (20mm)
3 - F025G0002 (88mm)
Or is this the intent?

Does F14 really need 3 radar stations?

F1 - Sticky grass?

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:45 pm 

Hey Musky
I can answer definitively as the numbers were changed after jabo got the files.
Underwater could be the two seaplane bases. One was on the southern point of Moen and one was on Dublon across from Eten.
I made some central aaa fields so that there was coverage if a field went down, so you will find ack scattered around. The atoll will be a hornet's of ack :)
The island with extra radar is Ulalu which was the radio direction center. I wanted to make it a harder target to knock out and show its historic strategic importance.

<S>

TAINAN KAIGUN KOKUTAI
"When I drive a car on an express way, sometimes I measure the distance to another car about 50 meters in front of me, thinking that oh, the shooting would be deadly."
Toshio Hijikata: Genzan/203 Ku Reisen pilot 2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:19 pm 

Dumspiro wrote:
Hey Musky
I can answer definitively as the numbers were changed after jabo got the files.
Underwater could be the two seaplane bases. One was on the southern point of Moen and one was on Dublon across from Eten.
I made some central aaa fields so that there was coverage if a field went down, so you will find ack scattered around. The atoll will be a hornet's of ack :)
The island with extra radar is Ulalu which was the radio direction center. I wanted to make it a harder target to knock out and show its historic strategic importance.

<S>

See Plane bases? Well, they have amo dumps, buildings, ack and all but are "floating" in the water. Is that how you implemented a sea plane base? Also, what planes are seaplanes so I can try and use one?

As for Ulalu and Ack, making things hard is good but impossible is another thing. IF we are to have strike attacks, this will be pointless. If they are buff attacks, then fine, we can level bomb from 15K. I understand that you want to make Ulalu hard to close but 6 hard targets for DAR is crazy, it wont even be tried.

I am really discouraged at the attempts to stop the strikes on anything. In KT, we lost our entire squad to 2 mg's and one 40mm. There needs to be some kind of balance. I love doing NOE Strikes but they are more and more being removed from the game.

The airbases need to have extra ack then is historic. That way the remainder of the ack doesn't need to be cranked up to superhuman but the fields will still be safe for their players.

I am going to try some strike runs tonight. Any idea what plane set we will be using on this map?

Enough bitching.

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 am 

<S>
typo in first sentence of last post, I can't speak to which numbers for which fields.

Musky c'mon you know we aren't repressing strikers :)

The idea is that Truk is and was a fortress. There is no hiding inside the atoll. In my view it has to be picked apart, a softened area exploited to create an opening etc. Maybe have the frames account for a single day or two.
Actually I'm worried there might be too many objects in some areas, and there may be too many ack. That's what the testing is for, we can scale back some of those things.

<S>

TAINAN KAIGUN KOKUTAI
"When I drive a car on an express way, sometimes I measure the distance to another car about 50 meters in front of me, thinking that oh, the shooting would be deadly."
Toshio Hijikata: Genzan/203 Ku Reisen pilot 2005

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:53 am 
Site Admin

In KT we got one side camping over the airfields so the ack was upped and that made the attacks on the tactical positions pretty difficult. Generally we use the very worst possible settings for terrain ack in the S3s when its a tactical event. When its a strategic event with high alt bombers its usually cranked up as the 88s are the only things really being tested and they generally suck. The smaller stuff, 50cal and 20mm, is frigging deadly. The 40mm is deadly as well but you can see it from a long way off. The small stuff gets you before you even see it firing sometimes.

Both seaplane bases are now working and are indicated in the latest Truk build. I just got it renumbered so will have to issue it again with an ordered set of numbers.

For the strikers in this event you will see them in mainly heavy F6Fs so multiple sorties with higher alt bomb dropping will be the name of the game.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next