Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:46 pm 

jabo, or those in the know....

What is the current guidelines for squads picking up Frame Co duties?

Desired, not required?

Having to step in on a Friday to pick up the ball is getting old...

Dobs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:45 pm 

I am not sure how it is determined but the list is usually posted on the aircraft table.

Here it is for the series HOG

http://www.squadselectseries.com/events/HOG/HOGAC.html

I don't know why JABO didn't include it for this series or how it's determined. It may have just been an oversight that he didn't include it.

I think it's pretty sad that JABO has to make it mandatory and assign squads to CO duties in a series.

I am not sure how it's assigned and to be honest I don't go and look to see if JG-51 is required to CO a series. I just sign up for frame IV before someone else gets it.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:55 pm 

Starting a couple series back Frame CO duties went back to an all volunteer basis.

While it would be highly courteous to notify your side that you cannot fulfill your duty you raised your hand for well in advance, no one, or unit is required to provide a CO for a frame.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:33 am 

Copy all..475th will fulfill one and only one per Series then.

Dobs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:39 pm 

Salute!

The deal about two years ago was we had trouble getting a frame CO until Friday. So the janitors began to annotate squads for CO duty when the series rules and A/C stuff came out. Not bad, but the small outfits had serious problems. Like getting 4 or 5 folks to the event on Sunday nights and so forth.

I prefer the "volunteer" mode and the die-hard folks will take ove if nobody has the stick by early Friday.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 pm 

The 23rd will do one per frame. We will also co-frame for someone that may want help. I will put guys in a rotation to show them that it's not that bad!

Commanding Officer
23rd Fighter Group

Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:54 pm 

Tracer and I committed to doing at least one frame per event ever since TK formed. Jugggo stepped into that commitment without hesitation when Trace left AND has been there during my tough times, when I could not fulfill my part. Some series it is a burden...others it seems to plan itself thanks to the inter-squad cooperations. Further, we have even had multiple frames in a series when other squads could (would) not plan.

Jabo's setup change where he assigned and rotated CO duties to the squads was a welcomed change...as it supported those of us who always step into the chair and took some of the pressure off the 1 step squads who have carried the responsibilities. Aside - while part of Lf6, TK and Jg51 have taken at least one frame in each series. Thats more than the regular 3 step squads. This is not a slight against them and no disrespect is intended. It is merely a fact.

I vote to support pre-assigning duties on a rotational basis. This way, a squad will know at the start of the series if they have a frame within that series and can make arrangements to have their frame RESPONSIBILITIES taken by someone else if the need arises. And for the most part...it is not necessary.

I should add, too, that it is common to see Beaver for Frame 1, TK in Frame 3 and Jg51 in Frame 4. That is as much a constant as the tides and I am thankful for that reliability and leaves only two frames to be spread among the remaining 3-5 Axis members.

Ni Yen.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 am 

FYI - Jabo does not and will not read this sub-forum. This forum is for the CO's only, and is intended as a place for us to hash out our differences without his input. Do not expect for him to see any content in this forum, much less comment on it.

FYI #2 - This is not me speaking for him and I haven't said anything to him about this, just relaying what I have perceived his opinion on it. Not that he does not care, but more that he wants us to step up to the plate and work out crap on our own.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm 

Todzilla wrote:
FYI - Jabo does not and will not read this sub-forum. This forum is for the CO's only, and is intended as a place for us to hash out our differences without his input. Do not expect for him to see any content in this forum, much less comment on it.

FYI #2 - This is not me speaking for him and I haven't said anything to him about this, just relaying what I have perceived his opinion on it. Not that he does not care, but more that he wants us to step up to the plate and work out crap on our own.

Thanks Tod, I wasn't aware that jabo didn't read this forum section....appreciated <S>

Sasquatch"
=sqtc=
23rd Fighter Group
CO

"You know you loaded too much fuel only when you see fire" :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:32 pm 

I too try and step in and take a frame. Being frame 1 CO is scary and poopoo and always try to take another slot.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next