Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm 

Salute! Banzai! Horrido!

We just about to need a meeting or such when sides are posted to get CO duties assigned. Some folks like Beaver have been a CO for one frame in very S3 since the earth was cooling. I personally CO'd when the 305th was a decent size and when we first started the Nomad buncha homeless folks. Hard now for the Nomads, as we're not a real squad but only a few that flew together to make orders easier - one name versus assigning 3 or 4 squad folks to a combined group. In fact we're down to 2 and will have to pick and choose who to ride with ( if they will have us).

As with Cromm, most Nomads flew only for the S3. Now we will still fly mostly S3 but cannot be a viable unit to assign to sides or assign CO duty.

So I am coordinating with our motley buncha buffers and let all know what we decide.

I really believe we have enuff dedicated S3 folks, regardless of squad, to volunteer as CO fairly early in the series planning. And one thing that has really paid big benefits in the past has been a HQ grope that meets early and agrees on the overall strategy and then for each frame's goals/assignments/etc.

For now, I vote against having janitors assign CO duty.

Gums sends....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:03 pm 

Gums wrote:
Salute! Banzai! Horrido!

We just about to need a meeting or such when sides are posted to get CO duties assigned. Some folks like Beaver have been a CO for one frame in very S3 since the earth was cooling. I personally CO'd when the 305th was a decent size and when we first started the Nomad buncha homeless folks. Hard now for the Nomads, as we're not a real squad but only a few that flew together to make orders easier - one name versus assigning 3 or 4 squad folks to a combined group. In fact we're down to 2 and will have to pick and choose who to ride with ( if they will have us).

As with Cromm, most Nomads flew only for the S3. Now we will still fly mostly S3 but cannot be a viable unit to assign to sides or assign CO duty.

So I am coordinating with our motley buncha buffers and let all know what we decide.

I really believe we have enuff dedicated S3 folks, regardless of squad, to volunteer as CO fairly early in the series planning. And one thing that has really paid big benefits in the past has been a HQ grope that meets early and agrees on the overall strategy and then for each frame's goals/assignments/etc.

For now, I vote against having janitors assign CO duty.

Gums sends....

The last time you were assigned CO duties, I took over for you, now that we and 416 always run together, I am not missed too much ;)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:33 pm 

I suggest that if we go back to assigning CO duty, that squads with only 1 step be exempt from being assigned to CO duties. If they want to CO a frame, I am sure there would be no problem getting someone to give up their frame. ;)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2