Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 am 

I believe the following rules might be misconstrued by some:

6. Squad Aircraft - each pilot may fly aircraft listed for their squad on the A/C table. Once you loose (spelling is wrong ) a life in 1 aircraft type you must switch to another. Up to a maximum of 3 lives and 3 aircraft types maybe used during a frame. All players have the option to fly the penalty planes for each side as one of their aircraft types. At no time may the exceed three lives or a\c types.

If they didn't read/comprehend rule #2 they would surmise that bailing out isn't losing your life, so you are good to go with the same airframe. Rule #2 defines losing a life as: bail, ditch or die/

supplant: lose a life with -> once you bail, ditch or die in rule #6

Also rule #13

13. Safe Ditch - if you run off the field and ditch within 10 miles(52800ft) of the tower the ditch is NOT awarded a kill. It is assumed that aircraft and pilot can be salvaged.

Leave out that the aircraft is assumed salvageable, or one may well think they can take the same airframe again.

Not wanting to make more work...
Just trying to make things as plain as possible.

<S>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 pm 

Split,

Thanks for the input. As I didn't write the rules and don't know who did, I will avoid any critical comments but I have already started rewriting some of them I say as unclear. I appreciate you comments because I have not looked at those yet. Watch for change and see if what I put is any clearer.

kacey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 pm 

split wrote:
Leave out that the aircraft is assumed salvageable, or one may well think they can take the same airframe again.<S>

If you are implying that a ditch requires the individual to change aircraft, I don't concur on the basis that "forced ditches" frequently occur on the runway with minimal damage.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:02 am 

-tmoa- wrote:
If you are implying that a ditch requires the individual to change aircraft, I don't concur on the basis that "forced ditches" frequently occur on the runway with minimal damage.
<S>
Nick

That is the conundrum in this situation.
Personally I've always felt that the forced ditch should be set for a longer time before the code is activated...maybe triple what it is now. It is too short.

I don't believe a ditched airframe in the water or up to 10 miles away is in any way salvageable. Especially to be available right away.

Maybe best to just leave it alone and clarify.

Previously I've interpreted this and told 23rd folks that if you ditch off the runway you can't take the same airframe, but your life is saved. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this.
<S>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:05 am 

Split wrote: "previously I've interpreted this and told 23rd folks that if you ditch off the runway you can't take the same airframe, but your life is saved. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this."

That is the way it was interpreted by the 4th also. Jabo also supported this in an earlier email clarification to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:12 pm 

I have ditched within 10 mile and until they changed the rules for forced ditch, I always flew the plane again if I could taxi back to the runway :)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]