All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Hey, Barkeep...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:25 pm 

Thanks for the thoughts Briar.

Just to keep the record straight, the exodus of Dobs and I started before my post here was sent to WB.

Dobs was already flying elsewhere before this thread started. I wasn't flying anywhere.

I advised Jman that I would only fix errors in the FM's I had done beginning June 1, 2016 until game play in the MA was overhauled in a significant fashion.

I was hopeful that would happen until WB instructed Jman to remove two of the top three poll responses, making it obvious WB was not going to do anything significant if it was counter to his personal preference.

That is certainly his perogative. It is his game and he can make it whatever he wants it to be. As I stated in my original post, the only method remaining available to players to express their displeasure with his decision to ignore them is to unsubscribe.

Personally, I didn't have that option as my account was comped and I had already stopped donating my efforts on new FM's and code revision.

I find it very interesting that my post in a password protected forum limited to S3 squadron staff on a board not owned by iEN has been used by the owner as the justification for essentially banning me from Warbirds.

It is a bad result for everyone. We had the FM team functioning at a high level with some very exciting results. The code issues were finally being addressed and some new code was coming out, some exciting new stuff.

Game play was the sticking point. FM's are not relevant with no one to fight. Without a vibrant MA, the S3 cannot continue forever. The simple fact that a significant portion of S3 players do not participate outside of S3 has contributed to much of the FM heartache. The old adage "train like you fight and fight like you train " applies. If you don't fly a Dawger FM before the intensity of S3 it will likely be an unpleasant result. The FM's moved away from the old generic "everything pretty much handles the same" to each FM having a distinct personality with the historic quirks and tendencies built in.

Not the best situation for a population not flying more than once a week but certainly much more fun for those that took the time to learn each FM.

In any case, it does appear my long run with Warbirds is indeed over. I don't think Bill's ego would allow him to mend fences. Thats too bad because my only interest was/is to see Warbirds keep going and helping that to happen by differentiating it from the pack with exciting, realistic FM's and game play based on something other than " can one player reset the map?"

<S>

I am sure I will see many of you in some future virtual sky.

Post subject: Re: Hey, Barkeep...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:06 pm 

Great post Sakai,a bit long but every point was valid,

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3