Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:54 pm 

And no one takes note of Beseas personal attack on dawger?

Weis takes heat because he put out no plan at the last minute, and we are castigated over providing him deserved feedback. Beseas makes personal attack and nothing is even mentioned?

You can't have it both ways.

Ki-61 went from a plane that couldn't be stalled, to one which could. How much time was spent by those flying it was spent learning it? I know that prior to frame 1 i was pretty much in the ACM AFM arena every night...flying both sides. I only saw a handful of guys in there during US prime time.

The post I made in ien forums about changes in FMs delineated changes...not too sure some squads bothered to read them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:14 pm 

Well to be perfectly frank with you, Dobs, I was sitting back with my box of popcorn waiting for the purses to fly. Dawger's teflon/asbestos suit is ample protection from the attacks! ~GRIN~

I jest.

I was in the MA Saturday night and had a de-escalating conversation with Blu about his comments on CH100. He was insisting that Dawger was the sole responsible party for the FMs, along with other things about the S3s.

I responded that it was NOT Dawger who unilaterally changed the FMs, but a team effort on which our very respcted and much adored Jugggo was a part of. If any conspiracy theory exists, Jugggo would be the last person on a list of conspirators. I also added that I was privy to some of the material and that it looked pretty good and was well researched. I think he understood what I was saying...at the very least, there were no more inflammatory comments on 100 for that evening.

All that said, I can totally understand his frustration with the FMs and how we got steam-rolled in Frame 1 AND moreso in Frame 2 of BHP. Moreover, if one already has a beef and experiences the ass-raping we had last frame, it is easy to see his frustrations and anger. I am not excusing any personal attacks - as aged gentlemen, we should not sink to pimply-faced teen tactics or antics. But I am different than most in my approach to discourse in this, our shared passion.

Aside - I think your (plural) FM work is top notch. I wish I was able to contribute more to the team, but you all have it well covered. That said, I think you all may want to consider (reconsider) the transparency of your work and those who datamine, build, test and distribute. I think there needs to be some method to relay the changes to the masses that is intuitive, logical, with explanation and most importantly, cited. I think if everyone knows that the changes are team driven and TEAM APPROVED...and that the team is not exclusive to Pony Mafia or LIghtning Jocks, we would see more positive receptions to the changes. Of course...Lennon was castigated for his 'imagine'.

Often times over the years, I will take a week or two and play the game as if I was totally new - devoid of any bias towards man OR machine. During these times, I fly planes I normally would not - Spit IX, Hurricanes, FM2, F4U1, Curtiss or even a Boeing. I think of it as a sorbet that freshens my Axis palette. I also look at country and 100 channels to gleen from it the personalities of players and new players and the opinions on the aircraft. I think the average and the new players are frustrated by the changes and their lack of communication. We cannot rely solely on the forum to make the announcement. Another thing I have noticed is that there is limited detail on the planes, AND the denziens in the arenas will only spew their bias opinions on them.

I may have been guilty of this in the past - heck I may do it again the future. But I do know this...most of the BS on CH100 and in the S3 channels can be eliminated if there is a method to communicate the changes, features and behaviors of the models. As we currently stand, the message is not getting around.

Enough rambling...my ADHD needs controlling at times.....SQUIRRL!

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:45 pm 

http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13886

http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13820

All of the updates can be seen here:
http://forum.totalsims.com/viewforum.php?f=7

Not sure what else we can do: Quit posting every update since they were coming fast and furious for awhile and I'm in the middle of a job change.

Perfect World we would have a pretty datasheet to publicize for the world to see... not enough help to make that happen as of yet.

Nice post tho Saka.

PS Remember Truk S3? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:39 pm 

Much adored awe shucks John <{blush}>

I am for Juice and his guys to change sides of it keeps the Spirit of the S3 alive.

I just don't understand how people constantly think that it's 1 person who has a say all in the FM team. Huh the word team is in that title... Not ______said person FM. Just asking that people get facts correct before false accusations start being thrown.

**After thought**
Maybe a mass email to all flyers as a NOTAM like we used to get.

<{S}>

Jugggo
中佐
Chūsa
Commander
Tainan Kokutai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:23 am 

Change sides now---You start that then the S3's are gone., So I say, No Way. So someone drew a bad ride--live with it!
Yes we have many new changes and some I like and some I don't--but I'll be ok--IT's a frapping game-so, if you don't like it go to Game store and buy a plug & play.
I for one, want to say thanks to the people that strive to improve our sandbox we so enjoy!

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:26 am 

Gofly wrote:
Change sides now---You start that then the S3's are gone., So I say, No Way. So someone drew a bad ride--live with it!
Yes we have many new changes and some I like and some I don't--but I'll be ok--IT's a frapping game-so, if you don't like it go to Game store and buy a plug & play.
I for one, want to say thanks to the people that strive to improve our sandbox we so enjoy!

Just an FYI, GoFly...the Original Poster is flying on the Ass Kicking side - not one from the side that drew a bad ride.

Ni Yen.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:10 am 

--

Sticking with request, I now say:

There is a drop dead time of GO, NO-GO here. I believe it is wednesday night or so (unless otherwise understood)

I hesitated with this as it often does nothing but complicate, but, if it is believed it will help then I will ask jabo and proceed.

If this becomes a negative then we stay allied.

Appreciate the patience

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:34 pm 

I do appreciate the offer to switch sides Juice. However, it needs to be very close to a unanimous opinion for the gesture to be fully appreciated. There have been negative responses to your offer so I would say you do what you think is best and most of us will respect your decision. Some will get their panties in a wad no matter what you do. LF6 will "live with" whatever you decide.

Respectfully <S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:42 pm 

=dobs= wrote:
http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13886

http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13820

All of the updates can be seen here:
http://forum.totalsims.com/viewforum.php?f=7

Not sure what else we can do: Quit posting every update since they were coming fast and furious for awhile and I'm in the middle of a job change.

Perfect World we would have a pretty datasheet to publicize for the world to see... not enough help to make that happen as of yet.

Nice post tho Saka.

PS Remember Truk S3? :)

Y'all have done a good job of keeping the community in the loop. Some will read the stuff and some won't but you have no control over that. We do appreciate all the hard work that has gone into and will continue regarding the latest updates.

FYI, I tried the A6M2 in the MA last night and it is definitely an improvement. It is also not a major pain in the ass to get used to the lack of trim control, just a matter of familiarity and practice. I look forward to trying the KI 61C.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:14 pm 

We all seem to be missing the obvious here.

The Allies have 31 fighter pilots assigned. The IJ have 44 fighter pilots assigned.

If 16 Allies go to IJ, do 16 from the IJ go Allied or do we make it 15 Allied fighters to 60 IJ?

The assumption is that there would be a swap but maybe Juice means to imply that 15 to 60 would be more equitable.

The flight models were available for a considerable time prior to the series start and screwing up Jabo's planning because folks don't bother to learn new FM's seems wrong.

We have gotten into a fatal death spiral of accepting mediocre performance and blaming it on everything but the failure of the groups to put in some time preparing for what is supposed to be the flagship event in Warbirds.

While Juice's offer is well intentioned, it only exascerbates the problem.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next