Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:39 pm 

--

352nd would like to know if it is possible to switch to axis side the rest of the series.
I believe that a side balance error was made having us on the allied side, and it is showing up in the first two frames (no offenses to Jabo).

I also know how difficult and/or problematic this may be, or appear to be to the community, i.e., password change, thoughts of strategy co-opting, et all.

My concern here is the possibility of S3 diminishment in participation because of the multiple changes (FMs, GPS, etc) in this particular S3, squad side placement, and the series situation (time and place in history) combining to create a rather superior force.

The possibility that a change in sides can bring game play to a more relative level is what is on my mind.
-------------------------------
There is no intention to speak negatively on any others in this request in any way. We simply wish to give the community any opportunity to enjoy the S3 as we do.

This is intended as a request and information gathering mechanism and by no means implies a tacit agreement by any other, put in english ------- I'm just wondering.

Appreciate the time and thoughts, it goes without saying that CO consensus will be heeded no matter the decision, and that this will be kept in the CO forum only.

(S)s Gentlemen

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 pm 

416 RCAF, having been on the receiving end of overwhelming odds not in our favor before does not have a problem with this. Past experience has shown that some just will not show due to the odds. Myself I need to keep my killed per frame streak going :)

Swede- CO 416 RCAF 127 Wing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:59 pm 

I lost count after it was 1 Axis victory to 27 Allied victories.

Brutal frame - quite possibly the worst one I've had...and I've killed off many players, gruppes and squads.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:01 pm 

Sakai wrote:
I lost count after it was 1 Axis victory to 27 Allied victories.

Brutal frame - quite possibly the worst one I've had...and I've killed off many players, gruppes and squads.

Very brutal. However, if the FM tweaks and improvements continue through the series the best way to know if they are positive is to continue as we are and see if we are victims of the FMs or we just suck. :roll:

Seriously though, I am fine either way and do appreciate the offer Juice.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 am 

The S3 should always be a fun experiance for all..but lately its been a joke..and my squad is about to throw in the towel.. and this so called scenerio is the last straw...why should people fly when you are constantly being set up for fodder so the bigger squads puff ouf their chests..only to stroke their ego's..
I flew the ki-61 last night..I read where lord dawger made fm change he said would help..well its utterly junk..I manually had 8 knotches of aileron trim.and it still wouldnt fly strait if you let go of stick just or a second..you wind up on youre back ..like you rolled it that way on purpose...
The way we see it is ..one man made up the scenerio...modeled the planses.one over modeled the other unflyable.. Made up the rules and hand picked his team...all for a ego trip..it this man continues warbirds is a thing of the past

So i say this Juice let lord Dawger change sides and fly his junk

Besea

C.O. American Eagles
besea@cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:46 pm 

--

Gentlemen,

I very much appreciate your thoughts.
I understand also.
What I do not want to do is delay (if this is feasible) too long and cause harm.

I also am probably ignorant of any other complications possible.
Besea would you be against 352nd switching? ( I am not ignoring your words, I can do this though)

Mitch

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm 

Besea wrote:
The S3 should always be a fun experiance for all..but lately its been a joke..and my squad is about to throw in the towel.. and this so called scenerio is the last straw...why should people fly when you are constantly being set up for fodder so the bigger squads puff ouf their chests..only to stroke their ego's..
I flew the ki-61 last night..I read where lord dawger made fm change he said would help..well its utterly junk..I manually had 8 knotches of aileron trim.and it still wouldnt fly strait if you let go of stick just or a second..you wind up on youre back ..like you rolled it that way on purpose...
The way we see it is ..one man made up the scenerio...modeled the planses.one over modeled the other unflyable.. Made up the rules and hand picked his team...all for a ego trip..it this man continues warbirds is a thing of the past

So i say this Juice let lord Dawger change sides and fly his junk

A couple of points.

There is no manual aileron trim on the Ki61 so it isn't possible to have 8 notches of aileron trim. The autopilot is a separate system that uses "trim" and it has limits of its own. When you kick off the AUTOPILOT the trim reverts to the current number or the maximum MANUAL trim available. This is a global change affecting all FM's made many months ago.

On the KI61 there is no manual rudder or aileron trim so no matter how many times you punch the AUTO ANGLE, AUTO LEVEL OR AUTO SPEED on, the rudder and aileron trim on the Ki 61 will reset to zero when you kick off the autopilot.

There are two reasons this S3 is so one sided.

1. There are two fighters groups that make an effort to regularly fly the new FM's and become proficient in them. They are both flying allied this series. They are also, with the exception of Luftflotte 6, more aggressive and willing to commit to supporting another group in a fight. This is what Juice is very politely telling you. His 16 fighters go Axis in exchange for 16 milquetoast Melvins.

2. There has been a serious error unrelated to FM's that is having a MAJOR impact on this series. I am sure it will be corrected prior to frame three and I hope Jabo announces it publicly.

As any participating member of the FM team will tell you, I welcome all serious efforts to find errors in the FM's and work as quickly as possible to correct them.

I do enjoy my elevation to the peerage but Lord should be capitalized when used as an honorific.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:13 pm 

I say let's do what is best to keep the S3 going. Yes, this will probably come back and bite us bombers in the butt, but I don't want to see any more people leaving the game.

Juice, I am for it. WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY! :lol:

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:32 pm 

Dawger, are there any ground settable trim settings that have been applied to the rudder and ailerons of the IJ planes that did have that capability and did the update that was available last night make improvements to any FMs?

As far as 352nd switching sides, if it will keep people in the S3s until all the FMs are tested and correct I am fine with it.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:12 pm 

briar wrote:
Dawger, are there any ground settable trim settings that have been applied to the rudder and ailerons of the IJ planes that did have that capability and did the update that was available last night make improvements to any FMs?

As far as 352nd switching sides, if it will keep people in the S3s until all the FMs are tested and correct I am fine with it.

<S>

Ki61, and Ki43 both got fixed rudder trim added before Frame 2. I just sent in an update today that reduces Ki61B weight 150lbs and significantly changes A6M3 and A6M5 turn performance. I did the Zeroes a year ago and was reluctant to change the wing from the old FM but I pulled the trigger this past weekend after some test reports from the flight testers. These were all submitted with a bunch of "fixes" for the Main Arena today.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next