Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: CO Disrespect
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 pm 

Salute!

Hey, Hawk-breath, ease off.

As with the 31st, we don't know all the reasons and such that resulted in the DR decision to leave the S3 for a season and the 31st to morph to the 23rd and other units.

I feel most here can have strong opinions about the 475th and other squads, but that's like the real world back when I flew in the real world. What counts is the mutual support once the bullets start flying, huh?

No doubt we need more buff folks, else the S3 and the Main become lite fests.

Good to hear that Darryl and his crew could be back, as we need buffs.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:11 pm 

Hawk,

He is commenting as a past and future CO. What happened is on the boards for all to read, so yeah, he does know what is going on at the same level as you do. So dispense with the DR hatred. Darryl is not wrong.I may not like the attitude in the Main, but here he and the DR have been reasonable as anybody else.

This is where I've had it now. We all have the opportunity to take the high road and time and again some of us fail to take it. There are so many unposted reactions from myself because A, just not that helpful to the team effort, B its a f***ing game. Do we need general posting guidelines?

1. Don't be an asshole
2. Leave personal vendettas out of it
3. Understand what is in the realm of CO responsibility
4. If you are not sure of the plan, ask direct questions, as a professional
5. Just have fun.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:17 pm 

Sorry you guys can't see the facts and the truth but as you wish.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:07 pm 

zinhwk wrote:

This is where I've had it now. We all have the opportunity to take the high road and time and again some of us fail to take it. There are so many unposted reactions from myself because A, just not that helpful to the team effort, B its a f***ing game. Do we need general posting guidelines?

1. Don't be an asshole
2. Leave personal vendettas out of it
3. Understand what is in the realm of CO responsibility
4. If you are not sure of the plan, ask direct questions, as a professional
5. Just have fun.

Well said!

Gums, to answer what happened to the 31st FG. The group collectively decided that when daddy= retired, the 31st FG would retire with him.

Sasquatch"
=sqtc=
23rd Fighter Group
CO

"You know you loaded too much fuel only when you see fire" :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:43 pm 

dawger wrote:
weiser wrote:
You know you have a lot of nerve accusing the 4th of not coming for calls for help. We have video proof that you were asked by us if you needed help and we were told no!

And even more nerve trying to tell all of us that have flown S3's for 15 years or more HOW we should be doing them - just shut up!

I am seriously thinking of taking the position of Hawk and just not CO'ing when 475 is on our side - not worth the stupidity that follows from you!

Thanks for those that stand behind me on this - I think everyone knows my dedication to the S3 and we've never had an S3 God other than Jabo we don't need a NEW one now!

You are a liar from a long way back so it doesn't surprise me that you continue to do so.

Your only dedication is to never admit when you make a mistake.

It is obvious that most in this thread are only interested in protecting the status quo.

Bomber guys leave because of the very late and totally inept planning and execution of frames like the Frame 5 of TSU.

I personally watched 4FG circle over the 475FG in Frame 4 even though I was directing all fighters to that fight and we know you ordered the 4FG to not engage, Weiser.

And I watched from the tower in Frame 5 as the 7 remaining fighters airborne, ALL 4FG flew over the lone remaining bomber (NOFLYZ) as he flew into the maelstrom alone and unprotected attempting to close a target with no hope of doing so because of the extremely late and incomplete planning for Frame 5.

If refusing to engage to help your side and then lying about it is the S3 standard, then it isn't a standard I wish any part of.

If flying past the lone bomber to RTB while that lone bomber is trying to salvage a total lack of preparation is great planning and execution, S3 isn't worth the effort.

You know dawg I am starting to think that you think of things the way you do because of guilt. A few times it seemed we were left hanging when you were expected to be there.

In frame 4 you are totally wrong again! 4th was sent to the area you ordered and got there with altitude. DAR showed more cons approaching area, number unknown, alt unknown. Orders from me to my men were to stay high and deal with incoming before descending - then we saw your deaths in the buffer. We had already lost over half squad from previous engagements - I made the call for my men to RTB as one of the things I try to do in an S3 is bring home as many as I can safely. Noflyz was seen RTB himself and didn't appear to be in danger - not sure how he died but will find out.

You need to get a script or something as you are making outrageous accusations out of your own frustration and you have the nerve to call me a liar. You are acting like a spoiled child. I am not going to let you ruin my enjoyment with the rest of the WB's community because you feel you have to overlord WB's - Over and Out!

=weis=
8th FG CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:40 pm 

Now you guys know how I felt last year when Dawgr and Dobs..threw me and my squad under the bus...because they wanted it their way...crying like lil girl trying to get in trouble running to the principal.

It do as they say... fly as thy tell to...and you get along fine with them..think for youre self where the problem lies..

Besea

C.O. American Eagles
besea@cox.net

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 pm 

Looks like people are still butt-hurt from last S3 season.

LOL! Pull your panties out of your ass and move on.

Its time for a new S3 season...and I propose the following.

A plan in place, be it rough draft or final NLT Thursday. That gives you Friday to revise and post by Saturday morning the Final Orders.

If you get no input, you're the CO..make a plan. No one can bitch if they gave no input.

Not a tough deadline to meet....Four days to formulate, and post a plan. 1 day to revise and finalize. People have two full days to get familiar with the plan and its possible branches and sequels.

Dobs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:26 pm 

"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"---Moltke

One of our Canadian Cousins has a rather exemplary record of COing S3 Frames. Frankly, he has had at least one Frame in every S3 Series that I can remember.

I'm sure that he would be supportive of the following observations:

Murphy's Laws of Combat

1. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
2. Incoming fire has the right of way.
3. Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
4. There is always a way, and it usually doesn't work.
5. The problem with the easy way out is that it has already been mined.
6. Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
7. Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.
8. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions:
1. when you're ready for them.
2. when you're not ready for them.
9. Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
10. If you can't remember, then the claymore IS pointed at you.
11. The enemy diversion you have been ignoring will be the main attack.
12. A "sucking chest wound" is nature's way of telling you to slow down.
13. If your attack is going well, then it's an ambush.
14. Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you.
15. Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.
16. If you build yourself a bunker that's tough for the enemy to get into quickly, then you won't be able to get out of it quickly either.
17. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
18. If you're short of everything but the enemy, you're in a combat zone.
19. When you've secured the area, don't forget to tell the enemy.
20. Never forget that your weapon is made by the lowest bidder.
21. Friendly fire isn't.
22. If the sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.
23. Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.
24. The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass.
25. There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
26. A grenade with a seven second fuse will always burn down in four seconds.
27. Remember, a retreating enemy is probably just falling back and regrouping.
28. If at first you don't succeed call in an air-strike.
29. Exceptions prove the rule, and destroy the battle plan.
30. Everything always works in your HQ, everything always fails in the colonel's HQ.
31. The enemy never watches until you make a mistake.
32. One enemy soldier is never enough, but two is entirely too many.
33. A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
34. Whenever you have plenty of ammo, you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo, you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
35. The more a weapon costs, the farther you will have to send it away to be repaired.
36. Field experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
37. Interchangeable parts aren't.
38. No matter which way you have to march, its always uphill.
39. If enough data is collected, a board of inquiry can prove ANYTHING.
40. For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. (in boot camp)
41. The one item you need is always in short supply.
42. The worse the weather, the more you are required to be out in it.
43. The complexity of a weapon is inversely proportional to the IQ of the weapon's operator.
44. Airstrikes always overshoot the target, artillery always falls short.
45. When reviewing the radio frequencies that you just wrote down, the most important ones are always illegible.
46. Those who hesitate under fire usually do not end up KIA or WIA.
47. The tough part about being an officer is that the troops don't know what they want, but they know for certain what they DON'T want.
48. To steal information from a person is called plagiarism. To steal information from the enemy is called gathering intelligence.
49. The weapon that usually jams when you need it the most is the M60.
50. The perfect officer for the job will transfer in the day after that billet is filled by someone else.
51. When you have sufficient supplies & ammo, the enemy takes 2 weeks to attack. When you are low on supplies & ammo the enemy decides to attack that night.
52. The newest and least experienced soldier will usually win the Congressional Medal Of Honor.
53. A Purple Heart just goes to prove that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
54. Murphy was a grunt

Many of the above are applicable to S3 Events. One can have the "best" possible plan, and then find out that the enemy isn't supporting your presumptions. At that point one is forced to abandon the "plan" and make some "reactive" plan on the fly to deal with the situation that presents. There is only one way to proceed from there:

This phrase is a common admonition in S3 Orders.

With the numbers/Squads available in current S3 Events, each Squad will pull at least one Frame per Series, some lucky Squads will be called upon for a CO twice in each Series. There are only so many S3 pilots who are qualified to take on the duties of a Frame CO. The CO has to know the capabilities of all of the Squads under his command AND the strat that goes with the terrain in use. Not an easy task for most. In the end, one guy ends up the Frame CO when the bullets are flying, and most Squads try to support whatever Orders he issues during the Frame.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Last edited by dewolf on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:11 pm 

Nice Wolf!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 pm 

"Having no battle plan to survive contact with the enemy before Sunday morning is a bad idea" -Dawger

I am fairly certain this particular problem has resolved itself in a fashion most beneficial to S3 and Warbirds in general.

And if the 475FG is Allied for the first series this year with the P38G, 475FG will CO the entire series.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next