Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:20 pm 

Salute!

It has come to my attention that one or more folks in the last two S3 frames are ditching successfully and then sitting in the plane until the end of the frame. At first I laughed, and still do. Guess you can go tune TV to something and let the frame run out.

Apparently there are some folks that value their "shot down" score or whatever more than contributing to the frame battle plan. Far as I know, no side gets more "points" if a ditch pilot sits there until time expires, but maybe so. In other words, the ditch does not count as a kill for the overall score.

If so, then I say no S3 points for his side but the dweeb can get his personal WB point penalty safety net intact. Sheesh. I thot we were above that crapola. Is there some kinda iEN $$$ bonus for personal scores?

My idea is to do what we used to for the "ack stars" in WB1.2 or whatever. A buff would orbit a field at 1000 feet with all the gound ack still working plus all the otto guns and it was tough to take that field. Word would come out on all country freq's and we would all home in and shoot the bastige down!! Then continue to fight each other. Gotta love those old days.

Gums opines...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:32 am 

As the frame CO the last two. Here is what I know.

Nothing of this sort happened in frame 1. There were some irregularities in the engine model regarding temps that allowed engines to function at a reduced performance when overheated/oiled. Pilots reported this and did not intend to take advantage of the situation, just simply flew to base expecting the engine to quit and it didn't. This anomaly was corrected in frame 2 with overheat turned off. In one of the allied videos I had a giggle at a comment of "multiple fuel tanks" for the lowly 109. Rest assured, there is only one, we just took a lot of fuel and a drop tank, but I wasn't going to dispel the enemy's myths about our superior planes! :roll: Before frame's end all the dead and alive were accounted for and no one in flight.

In frame 2's end, and I image the source of the complaint, dolch was oiled, ditched and did step away for a period of time. As for the reasons, they were not given, but I do know he was more pissed about the lucky shot to the engine than preserving a kill streak. He was instructed to exit upon his return, did so, and the kill was awarded. All things sorted in the end.

It is regrettable that a member of 77 was involved in the situation. Since his involvement with 77, Dolch has not shown characteristics to behave in such a manner, as much as he has been a pain in the ass to the enemy. That event was already dealt with and should not happen again. Should it be known to be occurring again, further action regarding his involvement with 77 will take place. I do like your idea, accept the capture or die.

I have my suspicions that complaints are more about glory than concerns of points however. Be it kill, capture, collision, disco with damage, the system logs the event regardless of credit and the loss of aircraft noted in the points column for the opposing side. The only regrettable action is the victor would not be credited with the "kill" and personal points for cups and shiny medals not applied.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:19 am 

I witnessed the same behavior from vulche but there were three more allied pilots on scene who proceeded to strafe him until he caught fire.

He is well known for this behavior in other arenas so it was no surprise.

This is a nearly unenforcable rule and will likely require code to eliminate.

I suspect it is more common than it appears.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:01 pm 

I have ni yen to toss into this pot...

...the behavior is due to the fact that kill credits are not awarded if the shooter logs. I believe the ditching and staying in the plane is the 'un-intended' consequence.

If a player can log without penalty of losing a kill-credit (or assist), then I think we will see the end of sitting in the plane until t+179:59:59. There would no longer be a logical reason to sit in the pit...you WILL be credited whether your assailant is logged on or not.

I also think that this behavior became more common due to the big bomber type series where valiant efforts are made to get the heavies back to base but due to severe damage crash, pooch or have some other mishap. Sitting OTR to wait out the bombers return to base can be fruitful if you are certain you did enough damage.

Again, Ni Yen.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:56 pm 

Sakai wrote:
I have ni yen to toss into this pot...

...the behavior is due to the fact that kill credits are not awarded if the shooter logs. I believe the ditching and staying in the plane is the 'un-intended' consequence.

If a player can log without penalty of losing a kill-credit (or assist), then I think we will see the end of sitting in the plane until t+179:59:59. There would no longer be a logical reason to sit in the pit...you WILL be credited whether your assailant is logged on or not.

I also think that this behavior became more common due to the big bomber type series where valiant efforts are made to get the heavies back to base but due to severe damage crash, pooch or have some other mishap. Sitting OTR to wait out the bombers return to base can be fruitful if you are certain you did enough damage.

Again, Ni Yen.

Taking off again also cancels the kill credit.

The simplest solution (provided the code isn't crazy) is to have the host force an exit when the ditch is recorded. Waiting on an answer on this one.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:25 pm 

--

Agree with force exit.
Need make sure no unintended consequences with force if cv or other, probable will "help" in cv. Unknown.

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 pm 

Exit forced 5 seconds after ditch is active in the AFMA. So far it looks to work properly.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]