View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: FORUM ACCESS PROBLEMS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:17 pm 
Jabo and Dr.Dart:

When will we be able to access our appropriate forums whether it be Allied or Axis.

4th is Axis this time and the password *****e does not work. Why do we keep having problems

with this. Just wondering.

Is the Splash Screen going to show S3 options or what was shown for the MINI S3s.

I might suggest this S3 be postponed for a week. It appears alot of people are having

trouble getting to the forums.

Please provide what info is available as soon as possible.

Omega
4th FG Ops Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:39 pm 

The forum was updated off season because of this issue and I was hoping that would have resolved it.. I don't know why this is happening and why it happens to a chosen few. The passwords work for me and for the majority.

The only other idea I have to resolve the issue is to create and assign groups, and then grant groups the proper access to either the axis or the allied side.

I could create a groups like "4th" or "352nd" and then assign the user names to the group. Each series I would then need to grant the groups access to the proper side of the war.

If anyone else has a better idea for resolving the issue that only a few are having please let me know.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:19 pm 

I have put out a support ticket on PHPBB about the issue and got this response.

KevC wrote:
They can't be using the right password.
If everyone else can get in then the password they use is correct and they have permission to see that forum.

The ones who can't must be doing something wrong as there's no built in way to select a different password for other people. The password is case sensitive. It may also be that their browser is prefilling the field with another password before they type.

They can try deleting their site cookie (with the link at the bottom of the index) in case their browser has cached something.

I know this is not an answer yet but I am still trying to figure it out.... If I have to I will assign groups but this will involve more work than trying to figure out the PW issue.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]