New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: TeamSpeak 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:05 pm 

Thanks, Cool.

Really need to make this a stickie, ya think?

Gum sends....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:32 pm 

Just so you guys know. New users of TS are stuck in the community lobby until somebody with Moderator permissions gives them Pilot permissions. All CO's should have Moderator permissions already. If you do not, let me know.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:54 am 

Spent all day 7/3 working on TS guys. I'm satisfied that I got it pretty close to where it needs to be without rebuilding. As it stands this is the way it will be:
One Moderator (M) per squad, this will be the CO in most cases. All the below permissions with immunity from kicks and moves.
Two Channel Officers (C) per squad. Allows you to create sub channels within your channel group/ rename your channel, kick users Pilot and below from your channel.
All members must be Registered (R) and (P). This gives you permission to move from channel to channel and the ability to apply Pilot (P) permissions to new Guest (G) users who will be stuck in Community Lobby until they are given that permission.

Abuse the Moderator permissions and they will be removed permanently. No questions asked, no reasons given. There is a log and I will be checking it on a regular basis.
Before you move somebody or kick somebody from your channel, ask them to leave. Keep it friendly first.

If you come across any problems let me know. I will address them asap. Hopefully TS will be more user friendly to you now.

Your patience is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:14 pm 

I have this friend and he was wondering how this registration thing is done on TS. I guess I could tell my friend but I thought it would be better if you told me and then I could tell him.

I don't want to look silly or anything. :oops:

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:04 pm 

Quote:
I have this friend and he was wondering how this registration thing is done on TS. I guess I could tell my friend but I thought it would be better if you told me and then I could tell him.

Right click on a name
scroll down to Set Channel Group
Select Registered

To assign "P"ilot permission:

Right click the name
scroll down to Set Server Group
Select Pilot

This is what I heard from a friend of a friend who knew this guy who did some stuff on TS once. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 am 

Quote:
This is what I heard from a friend of a friend who knew this guy who did some stuff on TS once. :D

My friend says to make sure that the guy who did some stuff on TS, who was known by a friend of the friend from whom you heard this, gets thanked. I think. :?:

<S>
Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 am 

Chunky wrote:
Quote:

Right click on a name
scroll down to Set Channel Group
Select Registered

To assign "P"ilot permission:

Right click the name
scroll down to Set Server Group
Select Pilot

What he said.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:23 pm 

Hi Kelly:

Are you going to be available to do my iEN TS permissions before the Wednesday practice (or Saturday practice if that is better)?

Should I show up at 8:45 pm? is 15 minutes enough?

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:05 pm 

Beaver wrote:
Hi Kelly:

Are you going to be available to do my iEN TS permissions before the Wednesday practice (or Saturday practice if that is better)?

Should I show up at 8:45 pm? is 15 minutes enough?

It's 10am Sunday now. I will login and hopefully catch you. Also, I will be logging in and out throughout the day to get as many CO permissions set as is possible. I will also, be on around 6 pm until the S3 begins. Assuming there will be an S3 or other event. This applies to anybody who needs assistance. Just so you know, only SA can apply Moderator and Channel Officer permissions, so decide who within your group is to get those permissions and they will be taken care of. Thanks!

As time goes on and testing continues, permissions may be modified to allow more power for Moderators. Until I am completely satisfied that the system secure, it will remain as is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:28 pm 

Changed my mind on Moderator permissions. Yeah, I can do that. Moderators can now apply Channel officer permissions within their group. Limit 2.

Moderators can move users from channel to channel also. This comes up from time to time, and I certainly see the benefits. I also see where it can become problematic, so as I stated in a previous post, Moderators need to be on their best behavior. Move other users only when requested to do so, unless you are moving a non-member from your channel.
Any changes a Moderator can make within their respective channel, they can make within other channels when requested to do so by members of that channel.
Any Moderator who intentionally misuses their power will lose the Moderator privilege for their channel. This is better than my previous plan of removing permissions from all Moderators.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next