Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:16 pm 

Frame start 2030hrs EST, Sunday 9 January 2022

GENSIT: The Black Sea Flotilla, a motley mix of trawlers, barges and small craft, is transporting Coastal Army troops across the Kerch Straight. The first wave of troops landed before dawn, near the fortifications at AC-192 and AC-291 and are attempting to seize these positions. The Flotilla is on route from the Kuban with the second wave of the assault.

Axis(LW) – Gold
Allied (VVS) - Red

Terrain – Crimea. Fields not tactically relevant to a frame will be set neutral or hidden. Airfield 181 will be set purple for initial arena log in. Map to follow.
Weather – clear.
Time - 0630hrs local time
Radar – 5 miles, min altitude 10 feet.
Max Flak Alt – 30,000ft

Objectives:
LW – Destroy Soviet ground troops, either ashore or at sea, before they can capture the fortifications at AC-192 and AC-291. If fortifications are captured, destroy them.
VVS – Attack coastal fortifications to assist ground troops with their assault. Prevent the LW from interfering with the landings.

Forces:
Black Sea Flotilla will be represented by ~12 AI ships (mix of vic-56, transport). Location and destination will be known to VVS, but not to LW. After reaching Crimea, they will offload troops and then return to the Kuban to collect the third assault wave.
Coastal Army troops will be represented by AI ground forces (Trucks, M-16). If they reach AC192 or AC291 those fields will be captured and re-built.

Plane Set. Strike aircraft (Il-2, Ju-87D-5, Ju87G-2) will have 1 AI wingman and the bomber login will be available.
VVS – Il-2, P-39Q, La-5F, Yak-9D
LW – Bf109G-6, Bf-109G6/RVI, Fw-190F-8, Ju-87D-5. Ju-87G-2

VVS aircraft availability:
F261 – P-39Q
F221 and F7 – Il-2, La-5F, Yak-9D

LW aircraft availability:
F8 – Fw 190F-8, Ju-87D-5, Ju-87G-2
F259 – Bf 109G-6, Bf-109G6/RVI (these are considered different aircraft types for this frame)

Pilot Lives. Each pilot has three lives. Two of these lives may be flown in strike aircraft (Il-2, Ju-87D-5, Ju87G-2), otherwise only one life in each aircraft type. Pilots may fly a maximum of three aircraft types. KIA, bail or ditch in an aircraft type results in loss of access to that type. Landing at an airfield with an aircraft type that is not based there also results in a pilot loss of life and loss of access to that aircraft type. However, no kill is awarded to the enemy. Pilots may re-fly the same aircraft type if they have not lost a life in that aircraft (e.g. sortie in a La-5F, fly Yak-9D – crash, re-up La-5F).

Teleporting between fields is not permitted except after a pilot loss of life.

Open for questions, comments. As always, the Janitors reserve the right to adjust/interpret rules as needed.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:56 am 

I haven't flown in some time but it was great to be back in an S3. Thank Muzz for setting it up and for those pilots who attended.

Disclosure - I did take an extra sortie in a 190 in error but when I was told that we only had one 190 I immediately returned to the field I took off from and grabbed a different a/c. I was originally assigned allied but then was reassigned to the Luftwaffe in the S3 and missed the preflight briefing. No intent to break the rules - just trying to help even the sides and didn’t realize there was only one 190 although had I known there was a 109 awaiting me at a different field I would have skipped the 190 all together! Anyways, sorry about the mix up.

Hope to see everyone on the ramp next weekend.

<S>
Saspin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:32 am 

Saspin,
Great to have you back. Leniency granted from the Janitors given under the circumstances, but I can't speak for Juice!

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 pm 

Good to see you back in the air again Saspin. Was a pleasure flying with you instead of against you for a change.

<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]