Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:25 pm 

Gents, at this point I'm waffling over the next series, which will either be be loosely based on Soviet Liberation of the Crimean Peninsula in Nov/Dec 1943, or will be set up as a series of squadron duels. Numbers for the last series were very low, with an average of 21 pilots putting in an appearance each frame.

So, Crimea scenario would see roughly even numbers on each side.
Soviet - 352nd, RCAF (7-10)
LW - 4th, 13 VRAF, 23rd, JG51 (9-12)
Tentative plane set - Yak1b, Yak9D, La5F, il2 vs Bf109G6, Fw190F, Ju87G (TBD what will be available in each frame).
Both sides would need to perform ground attack missions against fixed locations or AI.

Squad Duel (fur ball/cage match - very rough idea)
Marstown terrain. Fighter Pit 15/19 (SE corner of terrain)
Split sides as evenly as possible prior to T+0, initially based on squad sides above.
Each side flies the same aircraft, but with different custom skins to facilitate ID. min 50% fuel
All flight/combat must remain within the fighter pit. Players may climb higher than the crater sides, but must stay within the crater.
Victor determined after 20 minutes or after all aircraft on one side have been shot down or withdraw.
Reset and repeat after short break.
Plane set - P-51B, Ki-61-Ib, Bf-110C4, B-25H, then F4U-1D
Alternative each side flies different aircraft, and switches a/c types for next duel.

Thoughts, and level of interest? Request feedback ASAP, and not later than Saturday 1 Jan.

Cheers.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:02 am 

Either one works for me.
I think a good use of the Marstown/Pit idea could involve a third element...maybe something like the first side to strafe down 8 gv's or something that takes more than one pass in the canyon, the caveat is that you must subtract each airframe your side loses from your total gv's taken down to get to 8. Keeps you on the offensive or defensive depending on your sides situation or even both at the same time.
Just a silly idea I suppose.
<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]