View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:23 pm 

T-0 IS 19:30 EST AS ALWAYS!

ALL THIS WAS SENT OUT BY EMAIL MIDWEEK TO ALL S3 SQUAD COMMANDS

TO ALL S3 GOLD AND RED SQUAD COMMANDS. THE FOLLOWING ITEM RELATE TO THE FRAME 5 SET UP

TO ALLOW BALANCE REGARDING AIRCRAFT THE FOLLOWING SIDE ASSIGNMENT WILL BE USED IN THIS FRAME

RED TEAM (USN) total pilots 30
JG 51/Tainan Kokutai - Luftflotte 6 5
23rd FG 6
AE Composite Wing (A#, Nights of NI) 11
RCAF 127 Wing 4
Doolittle's Raiders 4

GOLD TEAM AXIS (IJN) total pilots: 23

4th FG 11
352nd FG 8
69 Composite Wing 1
8th FG 2
JG 51 Afrika 1

AIRCRAFT SET FOR FRAME 5
USA
F6F Hellcat ( x 2)
F4U-1A
SBD-5 Dauntless
TBF -1C Avenger

JAPAN
A6M5 Zero ( x 2)
A6M3 Zero
D3A1 Val
B5N2 Kate
(* while this frame is designed as carrier vs carrier, Japan will have two open fields available at Luzon. This is to simulate the historical factors concerning Japan’s use of land based aircraft during the battle in this scenario. While available, their use is not required. However, both bases will be open for attack by Allied aircraft. I found no evidence that the G4M2 played any part during this battle and therefore is not included in the Japanese aircraft set. If someone has solid evidence that validates its use, I have no problem adding it ot the list)
STRATEGIC FACTORS AND OBJECTIVES FOR THIS FRAME
1) This is primarily a carrier vs carrier clash and greatest point totals** will come from action specific to the following.
a. Action priorities highest to lowest
i. Locate and destroy enemy carriers
ii. Locate and destroy enemy support vessels
iii. Engage and destroy enemy aircraft
iv. Locate and destroy enemy land bases and facilities (if available – see above)
2) Both sides will have multiple carrier task groups. USA will have 3 carrier groups and Japan two.(note: this is an update from an earlier email). While only partially accurate regarding numbers of groups, USA will only include those carrier units that were actively involved (TG 58.2, 58.3 and 58.4)
3) The specific number of carrier per group will be provided with the the maps later today.
** I know for many the fact that scoring has not followed the frames has been frustrating. I offer my apology for this and will follow the final frame with individual frame totals before closing out this S3 season. Scoring set up and tabulation is very time consuming. You all have been very patient with me and that is appreciated.
This email is getting long and will close with this final thought. This season’s S3 has gone as well as can be expected with a newbie running the show. All who have done so much during this season would like to ask all commanders to make a strong and concerted effort to notify and encourage your team’s membership to participate in this last frame of the season. Changes are on the horizon and a show of strength with a maximum effort from all S3 participates is a great encouragement to those who are working so hard on the coming improvements in Warbirds. If is a massive undertaking and shows to those who are providing the financial support to make improvements possible, that we are here to make their commitment to Warbirds worthwhile.
“BANZAI!”
“HEY RUBE”
<S>
S3
FOR TASK FORCE MISSION MAPS WITH COURSE, SPEED AND TIME FRAME SEE YOUR SQUADRON COMMANDER. I WILL ATTEMPT TO GET THEM ON THE GOLD AND RED FORUM

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]