Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: NGD vids
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 am 

A small snippet of the action, engaged with the 4th at field 48.

Post subject: Re: NGD vids
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:32 pm 

Thank you Jlordj! Always appreciate your combat footage, sir. Wish I had a good free easy to use video editor so I could post videos myself.

The 4th took a risk trying to strafe 48 shut while we estimated the Axis were still down south. Unfortunately a few of you guys came in and skillfully managed to pin us down until the rest of 352nd showed up :).

Also had a semi-fun loss early in the frame, took good hits from a G2M Betty, decided not to linger behind it's 20 mm defensive gun any more, went under it, past it and infront of it to make a last HO attempt. Had it behind me at D15... started climbing slightly, the Betty came within D10 and blasted my, probably already damaged, stabilizer off at d9 with it's nose gun :evil: :lol:

<S>!
/Robert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 am 

Agreed, as always thanks jlordj !!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 am 

My pleasure on posting the videos. The time I wish I had the recorder going was near the end of the frame, when we got into a fight a little northwest of Port Moresby. Juice was alone tracking a single back to base with me about 10 miles behind him. I could see multiple planes coming up to greet him and thought it was suicide to engage. Some 352nd were trailing about 40 miles behind. It was a fun fight until Juice went down and everyone concentrated on me. I was leaking fuel, missing many parts and almost out of ammo when the cavalry arrived, and I was able to limp my Zero back to base. On second thought, maybe it was best I didn't have the recorder on. Screaming for help like a little girl might not have sounded to dignified. :)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]