Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 pm 

TO ALL S3 PILOTS:

THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION IN THE RANKS ABOUT A CHANGE IN THE TELEPORTING RULES THAT STARTED WHEN WE WENT TO 3 LIVES A FRAME.
THE CONFUSION COMES FROM THOSE USING THIS INTERPRETATION:

"it was understood that you could change airfield if you changed plane"

THIS AROSE IN RESPONSE TO A TELEPORTING VIOLATION BASED ON THE EXISTING AND PRINTED TELEPORTING RULES OF THE S3. NO MALICE WAS INTENDED BY THE PERSON WHO TO VIOLATED OR USED THE ABOVE INTERPRETATION. HOWEVER, TO CLARIFY i WENT TO THE WELL OF ALL S3 KNOWLEDGE, JABO.

THIS IS HIS RESPONSE:

"Not sure where that came from. Teleporting was always a no no even when we went to 3 lives per series which was only in the last year............Teleporting is a pretty important rule that makes events different than the MA. A great plan that is working can be sunk if the other side just lands and replanes at will in a threatened sector or on an egress route."

GENTLEMAN THE CURRENT RULE HONORS THE NO TELEPORTING TRADITIONS. HOW THIS MISINTERPRETATION DEVELOPED IS IN THE PAST AND COULD HAVE BEEN JUST A MISTAKE, OR CONFUSION BETWEEN LANDING AT A FIELD OR DYING AND WONDERING IF YOU HAD TO TAKE OFF FROM THE FIELD FROM WHICH YOU LAUNCHED. DEATH IS NOT A TELEPORT. IF YOU ARE KILLED, YOU LOSE A LIFE AND A PLANE. THAT IS PENALTY ENOUGH. YOU CAN CHOOSE A NEW FIELD FROM WHICH TO LAUNCH IN A PLANE OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU LOST. NO MATTER THAT IS IN THE PAST, THE CURRENT RULE IS STATED AS CLEARLY AS POSSIBLE AND VIOLATIONS SHOULD REQUIRE A PENALTY PLANE.

THANK YOU ALL

I AM PROUD TO BE A SMALL PART IN HELPING US ALL CONTINUE THIS WORTHWHILE AND PROUD TRADITION.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 am 

Question: If you are on your first sortie and land safely at a base which becomes closed before you can launch again, are you done for the night? Or let's say you are damaged with an oil or fuel leak, and can only ditch near a friendly post or village with no airfield. Are you done for the night? That last question might be moot because in an earlier frame, I skidded into F21 which was allied and was counted as a ditch, but no capture, and a kill awarded.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:00 pm 

My understanding of the questions and the rules are below, but could be wrong.

#1 is you lose that airframe, but not done for the night unless it's your 3rd loss.

#2 if you can't T/O, then you lose that airframe, but not done for the night unless it's your 3rd loss. I believe this should be changed to if there is no airstrip you lose that airframe. With some glitches in the maps that allow you to T/O from a port/village; T/O can be accomplished, but where did your fuel, oil and ammo come from?

#3 I'd chock it up to the new Donkeys getting up to speed on loading settings and such. Be gentle on them for a few series.

<S>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 am 

Can we just get the rules straight? There’s so much confusion lately over what you can and can’t do. With the “multiple lives” and use of more AI changes the entire S3 has evolved into a “main arena”. Seems you get a different answer every time you ask a question. Case in point, frame 1 we were told you couldn’t land or take off from a field you just captured. Last frame folks were landing as soon as the field changed colors. The ditching on a field = capture thing is ridiculous.

Also, out of curiosity, why was the Spit Vc removed from the plane set after 2 frames? Did I miss that in the rules? Are we then taking the 190A4 away next frame? I think both we’re in North Africa werent they?

I like Yamon’s suggestion on landing at captured fields. But please just give us a recap of the current rules.

Thanks,

Oskar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 pm 

As long as we are critiquing the rules, the field capture set up is edging us closer to Main Arena play. (Close a field, capture a field, close the field again; all in the same frame. This is Main Arena garbage.)

Close a field? Get the points this frame; get the field next frame.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:56 pm 

The rules are being discussed and ironed out folks. Be patient. :shock: The new 3 life rule now means the rules must change from the past one life S3's. It's confusing to everyone and not just for the players.

Post your thoughts on what should be added and deleted to them. All ideas will be considered, but they all may not make it in the revamp of the rules. Trying to get them updated before the next series, since we'll have some time to ponder them. We do have real life stuff to deal with also!

We like it when the pigeons can't find the roost. ;)

<S>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:40 pm 

I'm not into the field capture thing.... too much like the Legacy arena. I don't like wasting my squad's lives trying to troop fields. I like the close a field, it stays closed that frame. Next frame, it switches to the 'closer's' side.

Also, I'm noticing a lot...and I mean a lot of rule breaking.... dropping ord from lower than the agreed alt, surface attacks after the time for attacks is over (the time has been the same for as long as I an remember). We are supposed to be on the honor system. You can try to justify your rule breaking by pointing out a rule broken on the other side...but I'd prefer just letting JABO know that a rule was broken and let him correct it....it will be a nightmare for the scorers to have to sort out layer upon layer of back and forth rule breaking.... "he hit me first" "yeah but he kicked me"..."but he called me a name" ....not very honorable...

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 pm 

The bombing below the proper altitude can be an issue. Hitting ground targets after T+160 is mostly just a waste of time; ground target destroyed after that simply don't count and is a non-issue. The cut off point in the log clearly delineates which destroyed targets count. There have been occasions when I have destroyed targets after T+160. JABO used to sprinkle ai 88's along the front in some S3's. If they shot at me on the way home, I would kill them. It has never been a problem.

I think the rules should be modified with the 3 lives we have now. If someone ditches, lands at a closed field, or for whatever reason wants to teleport, the plane that landed is gone, just like if they had been shot down except that there is no kill. One of their lives would be removed even though they were not shot down. If the field they landed at was capped, or the action was far away, and that was the reason they wanted to teleport to a different field; they could not go back later and take-off from the field they teleported from in the plane they landed there. Teleporting should always cost you a life and a plane even if it wasn't a recorded kill.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:03 pm 

I agree with that.

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]