Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: MvM Fighter Comparison
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 pm 

<S> all! Here is a fighter comparison for the upcoming Molders vs Malan series.

BRITISH FIGHTERS

Hurricane I
The best turning fighter in the series, armed with 6x .303 cals. Not as fast as the other fighters but handles well at all speeds. Can't match the other fighters in max dive speed. Suffers from engine cutout at negative G's.

Hurricane Ia *87 octane
Same as the Hurricane I but limited to +6.25 lbs of boost (Bst1).

Spitfire I
Can outturn the Bf 109's, even though it's fairly close. Armed with 6x .303 cals. Has great top speed and handles well at all speeds. Suffers from engine cutout at negative G's.

Spitfire Ia *87 octane
Same as the Spitfire I but limited to +6.25 lbs of boost (Bst1).

GERMAN FIGHTERS

Bf 109E-4Aa
The best German fighter with great speed. Has better high altitude performance than the British fighters. Good armament but low ammo count for the cannons. Very agile at low speeds and can out roll the British fighters. Can almost turn with a Spitfire I and even keep inside it's turn for a lap or two when offensive. Will struggle against the Hurricane in a turnfight though. Controls start getting heavy above 300 mph IAS (483 kmh) and it's hard to pull out of a dive above 400 mph IAS (644 kmh). Using elevator trim at high speeds is recommended.

Bf 109E-3
Similar to the Bf 109E-4Aa but with a somewhat weaker engine and worse high altitude performance. The 20 mm MG/FF cannons are good but not as potent as the MG/FF/M of the Bf 109E-4Aa. Still a very competitive fighter.

Bf 110C-4
Has great fuel range and can stay over enemy territory longer than the Bf 109's. Speed is roughly as the Hurricane I, heavily armed with 4x 7.92 mm MG's and 2x 20 mm cannons with much more ammo avaliable than for the Bf 109's. Good payload. Will be outturned by all other fighters and not as agile. Handles well at all speeds. Has a defensive 1x 7.92 mm MG which could bite but shouldn't be relied on for defense. Can be succesful with wingmen covering eachother tightly and thus outgunning the British fighters.

MAX INDICATED DIVE SPEED BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS:
Bf 109: 508 mph (818 kmh)
Bf 110: 470 mph (756 kmh)
Spitfire: 486 mph
Hurricane: 421 mph

Image Image

<S>
/Robert

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]