New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:01 am 

Jugggo wrote:
Yes for some reason the Raiden is more forgiving in a dive. I can get her to almost compress and slowly pull it out with out any issues. The only thing I wonder is I wonder if weight of fuel or should I say the % of fuel has anything to do with it.

Might be total weight and wing loading. Needs to be looked at and if someone could publish the parameters for wing failure for the planes prone to wing breaks (IJ, Spits, LAs, etc) it would he helpful. Then at least you could monitor speed & Gs and would know why you wing came off. As you said previously in the real world you could feel the Gs, or you would think you'd have other indicators of air frame over-stress, like shaking or creaking sounds.

Looking at Jlord's videos you can see the slightest download move of you stick creates excessive Gs and wing loss. Same with positive pressure 300mph in the KI. This can't be properly modeled. Not good for game play, for either side. Don't know if dampening your joystick would help in this case (that didn't sound right :shock: ).

Oskar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:20 am 

I don't know which IJN airframe it was but last night one dove away to escape a couple of us. They saw it wasn't going to work so they pulled up hard (from my viewpoint close by), they deserved to lose a wing at that high speed. Didn't have the camera on unfortunately, or we could get the pilot's viewpoint.

I'm not saying that was everyone's problem, don't get me wrong. There is obviously an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:37 am 

We did have a Ki61 and a Ki43 in our mix of 84s last night ;)

Jugggo
中佐
Chūsa
Commander
Tainan Kokutai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 am 

split wrote:
I don't know which IJN airframe it was but last night one dove away to escape a couple of us. They saw it wasn't going to work so they pulled up hard (from my viewpoint close by), they deserved to lose a wing at that high speed. Didn't have the camera on unfortunately, or we could get the pilot's viewpoint.

I'm not saying that was everyone's problem, don't get me wrong. There is obviously an issue.

Through 4 frames there were 47 Ki84s lost. 31 to enemy planes. The rest (16) to broken wings. 34% of losses. And that doesn't include the Franks that were pinged, then broke a wing and had the kill awarded to the lucky allied pilot. More like 40% or more lost to the quirky FMs.

Jlord's video is sort of typical. Just saying the wing stress thing needs to be checked and limits clarified.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 pm 

It appears something is wrong. I'm not one to pull a bunch of G's or push a bunch of G's, so very rarely do I pull wings off. Here is a good read on +/- g's and how it effects the pilot. The FM doesn't model physical effects of much in the G dept. Going from neg G to positive G is a bitch according to this paper.

https://www.faa.gov/data_research/resea ... M72-28.pdf

As for the warping thing. Scripted AI's might be the cause if the server can't keep up with all the drawing going on. I'm not a fan of adding all the scripted AI stuff. AI has turned me off the S3's. I'm lucky if I fly 3 hours a week now-a-days.

I guess it's just me being an asshat.

Carry on

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

The CA warping is an issue it has been reported before and you can see it when you attach to a guy that switches planes. Not too big of an issue when they are close together but when farther apart the switched to plane moves a lot. The CA login does appear better suited to ground vehicles where the speeds are just a fraction of those of aircraft.

Unfortunately we just dont have enough players to worry about the 128 plane limit for the warping of aircraft. The server does appear to have problems calculating AAA fire from terrain based objects. Its something we see in the ETO as well. Just not sure why flak just stops sometimes and works others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:10 pm 

"not sure why flak just stops sometimes and works others." Maybe they are out of ammunition?

<GDR> Swede-

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 pm 

Spit XIe G code is screwed up. I was at 330 KIAS, pulled to 5 degrees nose up and started a no G aileron roll and wings came off. Has never happened before.
bombr-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

FMs are being reworked on many aircraft. Not so much the specs which are being well looked into with very critical eyes but how the code actually works. Excellent testing and feedback on key FMs are in progress. It takes time but some amazing men are on it. Reviews so far on the ones completely redone are much better than the second or third generation that came before. Well done guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:36 pm 

yamon- wrote:
It appears something is wrong. I'm not one to pull a bunch of G's or push a bunch of G's, so very rarely do I pull wings off. Here is a good read on +/- g's and how it effects the pilot. The FM doesn't model physical effects of much in the G dept. Going from neg G to positive G is a bitch according to this paper.

https://www.faa.gov/data_research/resea ... M72-28.pdf

As for the warping thing. Scripted AI's might be the cause if the server can't keep up with all the drawing going on. I'm not a fan of adding all the scripted AI stuff. AI has turned me off the S3's. I'm lucky if I fly 3 hours a week now-a-days.

I guess it's just me being an asshat.

Carry on

Nice to see the FAA's drawings haven't improved much in 45 years :D

Scooby

"Can't take the sky from me"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 >> Next