Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Reposted from Muskyz fine post. Please add another additional information you may find.

OK, Some of the wingmen commands are not available in the "Combined Arms" setup using the <cntrl>-F12, notably the spread distance, so I figured I better figure out the .DOT commands. I couldn't find the wingman commands anywhere so I did some digging and testing and have a good idea of the commands.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to make a AI attack a DD. The strike command doesn't seem to work but Dawger was doing it last night. (NOTE: May NOT want the AI to attack ships because they wont come up in the log correctly if they hit something)

From the Wingcmds.lst, Wingspread.dtf and the Forums here is what I have.

.flitecom C -> Wingmen check in (Report distance and what its doing)
.flitecom E -> Wingmen engage (don't know what they are suppose to engage)
.flitecom F -> (note: Nothing after the F) Wingmen form up
.flitecom F <x> <y> -> Formation <x> at distance <y> in feet (min. in the S3 is 40)
where <x> is:
0 -> Wedge (default)
1 -> VIC (tight wedge)
2 -> Echelon Right
3 -> Echelon Left
4 -> Trail (follows you)
5 -> Ladder (follows but at higher alt)
6 -> Diamond (same as wedge if only 1 wingman)
7 -> Wing
8 -> Road (follows you and tries to hit exact same spot with bombs)
9 -> Line Abreast Right (even with you, but off your right wing)
10 -> Inverted Ladder (follows but at lower alt)

Example, type ".flitecom f 6 200" will put your wingmen in the Diamond formation at 200'

.flitecom S -> Wingmen strike (could not get them to strike ships?)
.flitecom S go -> Wingmen strike ground objects
.flitecom S gv -> Wingmen strike ground vehicles
.flitecom S ak -> Wingmen strike AAA (I think this is default)

Will need to use these Sunday.

If you would rather not type the flitecom, you can use the radio channel 114 and just type the command letter (i.e. F, C, S.....). I did not try this.
http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?t=8575

Maybe someone could pin this somewhere, it is very hard to find the commands. occasionally they get posted on here but end up rolling off the list.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 am 

Salute! Ciao!!

Updated stuff later changes most of my feelings, EXCEPT FOR ONE THING WE FOUND LATER!

Gums whines.....

edited for new info.

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

Last edited by Gums on Sun May 22, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:15 am 

ummm, try bringing up map, zoom in on your own icon, right click, brings up ai command list pull down menu.
Try that.
I'll go check to confirm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:30 am 

ya, confirmed, zoom in on your own icon, shows as lead vehicle, click on it and it brings up a pull down menu that looks like f/12 feature

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:49 am 

=vslp= wrote:
ummm, try bringing up map, zoom in on your own icon, right click, brings up ai command list pull down menu.
Try that.
I'll go check to confirm.

All that sounds great if your just out for a day of flight training--otherwise it is a PITA and not helping the dwindling bomber numbers!
BTW- Anyone remember S3's without bomber AI's??
Must tell you something!

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 am 
Site Admin

One items guys are forgetting is you can use the regular fighter interface and just fly a bomber without wingman.

I wish someone in the know or who has used these AIs could write up a brief outline of what works and what doesnt. I suspect letting the AI do something will end in tragedy. Lock them down and just use them as an extension of your own personal bomber box. But I am cluesless on this, havent never fooled around with them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:47 pm 

2 Series back, when we were using Mossies and the B25H we were flying low level missions (5K and under), on ground targets, the first 2 guys used a reverse trail format (use trail format -300 yards puts the AI in front). As we were almost on top of the target the reversed AI were ordered to attack the ACK. They did a very good job and after 30-60 seconds we told them to form up, which they promptly did. The rest of the squad ordered their AI to attack ground objects for 30-60 secs then had them form up as we were leaving dodge and going NOE back home till off NME DAR. Didn't work against shipping though.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:52 pm 

I do mostly high alt formation stuff. I bring up the map box, zoom in on my own icon, click on it and it brings up that pull down menu so that I can use formations, spread length etc.
When I have done low level stuff, well, ordering them to strike can bring about good or bad results, sometimes they get shot up, sometimes they choose the same target.
Trickest part is flying so you don't lose them. Full throttle with boost on and sharp manuvers, well, yes, they can get lost and have trouble keeping up......but even any human flying , or trying to keep formation with me would have problems with that.
Best bet is to play in the special main/Combined arms arena and just practice flying em.
.privatearena event1.
Flew just a couple of b 29 sortes and they operated pretty well. Want to do more however

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:33 pm 

Salute!

As some have noted, a buffer can fly using the lite option and then handle the drones using dot commands and such.

The biggie now is the ghost gunner option. It ain't there like it used to be and the dot command is clumsy.

We gotta talk, as this was one feature that kept a lotta buff dudes around for many moons.

Who is doing the code for the "new, improved" buff interface?

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Fighter pilots should look over the AI commands for Season 18. Several NS and RCAF pointed out how to use their AI to full advantage last season. Any further tips and tricks please post them here.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next