S3#111 - New Guinea Diaries -- Fall 1942 - Summer 1943
Basic Rules And Procedures
1. Frame Timeline - Pilots should report in at least 15 mins before T+0 to get organized, check control systems, and receive any last minute order changes.
2. Pilot Lives - Pilots have ONLY THREE LIVES to live during a frame. Only the aircraft indicated for each squad on the A/C table qualify for three lives. While more than 3 aircraft types may be listed, you can still only lose three lives. Players may switch aircraft types during a frame. Once a pilot loses a life (aka bail, ditch or die) in an aircraft type they CANNOT use that aircraft type again in that frame. During the frame your actions are based on pilot's honor. However, remember cheating can verified in the frame log. If you lose a life due to a non-operational failure (computer, controller, etc.) request the CM to reset you. If the CM feels that a reset request is no longer valid based on excessive use, the CM has the right to ask the pilot to leave the arena and resolve any mechanical problems before returning to the arena. Upon return, no life penalty will be assessed.
3. Operational Restrictions - Each side may only conduct operations in the area outlined in the game map. Though aircraft can base anywhere each side may only conduct surface actions within the operational area indicated .
4. Ord\Aircraft Restrictions - None
5. Aircraft Minimum Fuel - All aircraft must take at least 100% internal fuel with or without drop tanks.
5-5. Bomber Minimun Altitudes - Historically both Japanese and Allied bombers often used low level bombing techniques. Therefore, there will be NO minimum bombing altitudes for this series.
6. Squad Aircraft - Each pilot may fly aircraft listed for their squad on the A/C table. During that time all pilots will observe and obey all rules outlined in section 2. Pilot Lives above. All players have the option to fly the penalty planes for each side as one of their aircraft types. Aways remember that at no time may a pilot exceed three lives or a\c types.
7. Squad Basing - If so assigned, each squad must begin play at a frame CO assigned airfield. After initial roll they may base from anywhere. Pilots that lose a life are allowed to choose another field other than from the one they initially started WITHOUT it being considered teleporting.
8. Aircraft drones - Every player that uses an eligible bomber a\c in a frame may take up to 3 wingman with their lead aircraft.
9. Improved FMs - New FMs are being developed from last year so it is best to test them out beforehand as they will handle differently than in 2016-17. Bombers are the quasi-FMs which we have been using for a couple years now.
10. Bomber Durability - Bufftuff will be set at 1.0 with effective otto in this event. Bomber hardness continues to be an issue and needs further testing.
11. Airstarts - During this series a 10,000ft airstart will be enabled at F108 for the Allied and F7 for the Japanese. Special Note: there will be NO fighters assigned to bomber fields with air starts.
12. Closed Fields and BDA - all fields closed during play will remain so for the series.
13. Safe Ditch - If you run off the field and ditch within 10 miles(52800ft) of the tower the ditch is NOT awarded a kill. It is assumed that aircraft and pilot can be salvaged.
14. Ditch Forced Exit - A pilot has 5 seconds to exit a ditched aircraft. This stops trying to outlast a kill message, drawing ack fire or passing along intel at a nearby field.
16. Penalty Planes - Players that commit errors in basic rules and do not attempt to correct the error during play will have a penalty plane assigned to them for the next frame. They must fly 1 life or 1 combat active sortie in that plane. Examples of penalty plane errors include teleporting between fields, when not allowed by special rules, and gunning from a ship or flak positions. If a player immediately addresses the error they will not be penalized. However, always inform the CM so the log entry will be ignored. It is up to each squad to make sure the penalty planes are flown.
17. Victory Points - Points are awarded to each side in three categories; A/C kills, BDA and Pilot Losses. Relative points is available in the summary for this event. Special Scoring Note: Any bomber pilot using the CA login will only lose .25 life points per plane lost in the 4 bomber element. However each plane lost will be penalized as per normal scoring for a lost plane. The pilot who downs a bomber pilot using the CA login will recieve full points for each non-AI (CA transfered live pilot) kill in the bomber element. These are new rules designed to keep a pilot in CA login from losing all 3 lives in one mission while still giving full credit for a non-AI kill. They will be evaluated upon completions of this series.
18. Victory Conditions - The side with the most VPs at the end of the series wins.
19. S3 Clarifications - The S3 staff reserves the right to make a ruling on questions or game situations not answered completely or missed by the rules. For further clarification please post on the S3 forum.